Sign in to follow this  
boardrider

Bennet Trim Tabs on a 265ssi

Ok I'm going to fit some Bennet tim tabs to my 265ssi. I was going to go for the 30" x 9" with the electronic indicator control. Any thoughts on this good or bad, better still any photos?

I'm going to a boat show on Monday and I know that the man from Bennet's will be there and I'm hoping to get a boat show deal. I am also going to order an extended swim platform for my boat (on line as I live in the UK), so is there anything I should know before I order the tabs (with regard to fixing the top of the actuator and the bottom of the swim platform mount)

Ok I'm going to fit some Bennet tim tabs to my 265ssi. I was going to go for the 30" x 9" with the electronic indicator control. Any thoughts on this good or bad, better still any photos?

I'm going to a boat show on Monday and I know that the man from Bennet's will be there and I'm hoping to get a boat show deal. I am also going to order an extended swim platform for my boat (on line as I live in the UK), so is there anything I should know before I order the tabs (with regard to fixing the top of the actuator and the bottom of the swim platform mount)

1212E's with the shortie cylinders are more than you will ever need on that hull.

W

1212E's with the shortie cylinders are more than you will ever need on that hull.

W

+1 The 1212E's work great and the company provides excellent customer service. We love ours.

Hey guys, I know this post is old but I just bought a 265 SSI and want to install trim tabs. My problem/concern is that the hull curves out in the general area that the top of the cylinder bolts thru. I also have the extended swim platform so exact location is a concern. Do any of you guys have a photo of the 1212E's on the back of a 265SSI?

Ok so I'm not that good at posting pictures....But I can fit trim tabs!

I used filler to fill the gap that was created when fitting the tabs. The gap was on the outside edge. The control unit is just in front of the throttle and I like that position. The pump unit is just to the left and behind the steering ram.

The pump is mounted on a stainless bracket I made.

If you are going to fit the switch in the same place as me you will have to reduce the length of the two upper studs to get it in. Be VERY careful not to drop the plastic nuts when fitting them. Removing the seat and the cubby hole next to it will help with installation.

Get the indicator control unit.