mckayj

Premier 400

Liquid, just curious did you get your 400 at Waterfront Marine?

It was originally for sale at Waterfront Marine but the owner had a disagreement with WM. Ended up buying from owner.

Cool. I was on it a few times and may have pulled the trigger myself if I had a pipeline direct to owner. Very nice, low hours, and I was told the owner never spent the night on it. Congrats! Where do you keep it in season and with whom do you winter? PM me if you wish.

No forget about pm we wanna know all this stuff lol. J/K

So what do you think about that, Jim, does it add value being a discontinued and somewhat popular model that is now rare and only so many built.....or is that non-existent in the boat world?

I keep it at Summit North Marina. Not the nicest but has a great location and great protection from the elements. Winterized with a company located at Summit North. Location provides easy access to bothe the Chesapeake Bay and Delaware River/Bay.

Where do you guys keep your boats?

I keep it at Summit North Marina. Not the nicest but has a great location and great protection from the elements. Winterized with a company located at Summit North. Location provides easy access to bothe the Chesapeake Bay and Delaware River/Bay.

I disagree. I think the stereo speakers add a touch of class and distinction...NOT!!!! I really don't get why people have to blast music. To me, the joy of boating is motoring out and listening to nothing but the wind and water. Cut off the engines in the middle of the bay or ocean and sit in silence. At the dock, I love to listen to music but I keep it in the boat! I don't get the need for high power sound system and to junk up the boat with the hardware.

I've been by Summit North transiting back and forth between ocean and Chesapeake, but never stopped there. I've been at Seaview Harbor Marina in Longport NJ the last 5 seasons and we like it a lot. Its proximity to the ocean can't be beat. 5 minutes from slip to ocean! Longport is three towns south of Atlantic City and one town north of Ocean City, NJ. We love cruising to Cape May and staying at South Jersey Marina right next the Lobster House. We do that every chance we get. NJ is pretty boring cruising grounds. Atlantic City is a distant second choice and there really isn't much else. We prefer the Chesapeake but my elderly in-laws live in Longport full time and want to be near them as much as we can. Last winter I laid up with Harrison's Yacht Sales in Kent Narrows after buying the boat. We launched there on 4/1/14 and Dave Harrison let us stay in one his wet slips for a month. Tons of stuff to do there. We used the boat every weekend in April and moved her to NJ on 5/1, then came back in July for a two week cruising vacation (our 3rd consecutive summer vacation boating in Chesapeake). Launching in NJ on 4/1/15 will be a major let down!!! I tried to move the boat back to MD this winter but couldn't find a good day so I'm at MarineMax in Somers Point this winter...