246inColorado

Indoor Storage Cost?

Indoor Storage Cost?   36 members have voted

1. 1. What is acceptable in your opinion?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

Hi Chap Owners, I know this poll can vary based on geographics, however I have been searching for indoor storage extensively and can't find anything in my area that would be reasonable.

I would really like to find a permanent indoor winter storage solution, however most are raking people over the coals as far as cost. What is resonable for most ??

Thanks for your guidance!

My wife is going to kill me if I don't stop talking about mancaves.com.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

i have a storage unit i use year round, since the HOA will not allow it at the house. The unit is 12x28 and fully enclosed with power, but no heat or air. I pay $128 a month on it, and it is 1/2 mile from the house.

It is high where i live because boat storage is big there. Up by work you can get a unit for half that or less.

It all depends on the size of your boat.

The most boat storage places charge a fee per foot multiplied by LOA.

Well if you think your getting raped.

Go out and buy a few acres, spread 70 tons of gravel, erect a 50' x 100' building on it let it sit vacant for 6-8 month out of the year. :popcorn:

I'll get off my box now...... :thththsoapbox2-1:

I built a 30 x 50 storage man cave to store the fifth wheel camper in over winter let's just say I did it correctly 8 inch concrete french drain  heat/ AC  13ft door lots of storage shelf hospitals grade lights cealing fans tv stereo fridge . This was on my bucket list in life to have a shop some day . It works good to fix and tinker around on the camper till a tornado flipped camper at are seasonal site over the summer. Thankful no one was injured and insurance  covered it.  That's how my awesome indoor boat storage came to be. I Could not keep the boat as clean and nice as it is with out. Plus I like to tinker it's a sicknesses I aquired form my father . Pops is 72 and he stills takes stuff apart to see how it works and try to improve it. 

I pay $2200 from Oct. - Mid May, indoors, heated concrete floor w/ 24/7 key fob access.  they supply power so i can hook up shore power over the winter as well.  it eliminates the need to winterize the engines although i still drain and pour antifreeze into the blocks and water systems just in case

My son needed to use my girls room for 1 winter. Inside heated with elect for battery charger at a marina, Oct. till the 1st of Apr. 1200. My girl didn't like it, nor did I, no reason to visit her, because I could not work on her. That was one long winter.  I have seen it advertised around here, heated for 3.95  per sq.ft.  Denny.

I found a local farmer with many outbuildings he doesn't use anymore. Buildings are in good shape, locked, secure. He charges me $1.25 per foot each month it is stored. So a normal Winter costs me roughly $150. I'll take that every year to have my boat inside and outta my garage :-) Many boats and RVs get stored there through the Winter. There are places around if you search hard enough...look for the deal too.

It costs about $1400 a year for inside storage in our area - that, of course, includes winterization, getting ready for spring and launch. Not a bad deal.

I pay $850/yr ($71/mo) for 11x30 with a 10x8 door. Gravel floor no climate control but electric included. 

We pay $70 a month for our 24ft vessel / combo trailer / total 28ft to be stored indoors; no access / gated facility. Owners maintains the pull & store services - all I have to do is tell him 2 days in advance when I want my boat / trailer out to play & the day I'm dropp'n off for storage.   I like it also so no others have access to my boat - nobody else is backing up near it, or potential pilferage occurrence etc..  Sure I don't have access 24/7 but really it works out best for us without paying stupid storage fees.