htbrill

2000 Sig 300 Shower Pump fuse

Hi,

I own a 2000 Signature 300 which is making me crazy trying to find the fuse location for the shower pump. I had a problem with the F bilge which I replaced and found that the shower box had some water in the box. When I gave it a nudge it turned the float switch on and the stopped almost immediately. It seems that now there isn't any power coming in and I can't find a fuse that would energize this line. I've found an f bilge and an a bilge fuse in the engine compartment, but nothing that would match the s.pump tag on the line in. Anybody have any ideas? Theres nothing on the fuse box under the helm other than dash controlled devices.

Any help is really appreciated

Edited by htbrill

The sump pump is more then likely a float switch built in. The reason u saw water was from ac and it drained out until float was down far enough

I am on a different boat but same here ... auto aft and forward pump fuse on main panel, manual aft and forward fuse on helm panel, but no fuse for sum pump???

That's correct, the shower pump is located below the cushion port side aft cabin, there is no power coming thru the wires as I cut them and put a meter to them with no readings at all. The wiring is run thru those black corrugated harnesses and this branches off from the harness which runs across the fuel tanks and above the holding tank.

Has it worked before? Just not now. Could be an inline fuse closer to the battery. I doubt it tho. Those are more fir the aft pumps

My 2001 Signature 300 has a switch for the sump pump at the helm.

There are also some fuses located in the very aft end of the engine compartment behind the battery switches.

Mike

I wish that I had that switch! I was going to look up at the bus on the back side of the battery switches next. BTW - the vents that are on the starboard aft side - what is inside your boat to block rain water from being driven thru the cut outs and into the engine compartment? In this boat there isn't anything other that an oval hole cut in the shelf that's there. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

BTW - the vents that are on the starboard aft side - what is inside your boat to block rain water from being driven thru the cut outs and into the engine compartment?

Nothing ... but it looks good on the outside ... ;)

That's why yours, mine, and countless other Chap boats have water in engine compartments even when all else is sealed and closed off.

Same thing is happening on my 02 280.. No power to the sump pump and I can't find a fuse. Switch is on but no power. Need to figure it out this winter as I just ran the shower into the bildge and used the bildge pump when done... Not ideal but I have a clean bildge :)

Can't help too much with your model, but on my 330 there is a circuit breaker located on the battery switch panel for sump pump. Check around the battery switches.

I wish that I had that switch! I was going to look up at the bus on the back side of the battery switches next. BTW - the vents that are on the starboard aft side - what is inside your boat to block rain water from being driven thru the cut outs and into the engine compartment? In this boat there isn't anything other that an oval hole cut in the shelf that's there. Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I removed my vents and fiberglassed a lip into the inside, once I did this my bilge has been bone dry...even after heavy rains which use to blow right through. Next time I am at the boat I will take a photo of my update if your interested in seeing it. Are you sure you don't have the sump switch on the helm? Mine is located towards the left side, three switches in from the end of the switch panel, which is on the opposite side fom the fwd and aft bilge switches.

thanks - I'd like to see the picture, i'm going to check the panel, and you might be correct, I don't recall seeing a switch there, this boat replaced my Sea Ray which was a victim of Sandy. I can't imagine that the float is tied to this as it just tripped as did the one in the forward bilge which is automatic. I'm hoping that there is a fuse or breaker that drives both in the engine compartment below the battery selector switch though, which would make sense.

I removed my vents and fiberglassed a lip into the inside, once I did this my bilge has been bone dry...even after heavy rains which use to blow right through. Next time I am at the boat I will take a photo of my update if your interested in seeing it.

Yes, very interested, please post the pics.

This could be a good topic for this improvement: http://forum.chaparralboats.com/index.php?showtopic=23474

I removed my vents and fiberglassed a lip into the inside, once I did this my bilge has been bone dry...even after heavy rains which use to blow right through. Next time I am at the boat I will take a photo of my update if your interested in seeing it. Are you sure you don't have the sump switch on the helm? Mine is located towards the left side, three switches in from the end of the switch panel, which is on the opposite side fom the fwd and aft bilge switches.

I'd love to see a picture of that.

I'm embarrassed to say that on my boat it's the 3rd switch on the right side of the panel which is opposite where I'd have expected it to be, as the bilge switches are on the left, thanks all for the pointers. From the manual switch the pump is working, I still can't find any fuse to the sump float or forward bilge float as those should be powered independently. Nothing behind the battery switches in the ec, there must be a fuse somewhere and as everything is well id'd it's rather surprising.

I'm glad you found the switch. Are there fuses at the helm? I won't be at the boat until this weekend, so can't check for you.

I just searched the whole boat for a sump pump fuse and/or breaker with no luck. I can't read the breakers under the dash as theres no room to get in there. But none are tripped. There has got to be a fuse somewhere but it must be buried deep in the walls somewhere.. I'm not getting power to the switch so my next step will be to run a new power wire to the switch. I see an empty ACC fuse and connector that I'll tie into under the dash. Hoping that solves the problem.

There is a fuse panel below the wheel which I've accessed by lying on the deck and looking up, it's well marked but there isn't a sump fuse there, and all of the fuses are ATC type and test fine. On my boat all of the power in lines are marked as well, a few were doubled up and I haven't separated them to see if the line is hidden, but again, there aren't any blown fuses there (anyway).

The aft and fwd bilge pump breakers are located on the battery switches themselves, they are red buttons and are clearly marked. Found them today.

I took my camera phone and found a Sump Pump breaker under the dash. As said earlier, you can't get your head up in there to see them but it's there. Mine wasn't tripped so not sure what the problem is.. I ran a new wire to the switch and now have power..