Paradisus

Rinker vs Chaparral

Yes, I would recommend a survey. We are doing one Wednesday on the 2006 290 that we are buying. Even though it was rack-stored inside, and the manifolds & risers recently replaced, who knows what they may find that I would have missed. Worth the money....

I wouldn't pay to survey a boat my size again. All he did was point out things anyone would see and check exhaust manifold temps. Did it twice. Both were the same.

That guy stinks.

I had my 215 surveyed. . Compression check, pulled drive, checked all electrical, for rot, even included trailer brakes, etc.

Worth every penny.

I'll upload the checklist tonight. Even includes any repair estimates.

I wouldn't pay to survey a boat my size again. All he did was point out things anyone would see and check exhaust manifold temps. Did it twice. Both were the same.

Thas what happened to me also. Waste of

Yes, I would recommend a survey. We are doing one Wednesday on the 2006 290 that we are buying.

Errrr..... You really mean "possibly buying"

Check out the post on calling all engine techs.... Numb nuts mechanics spilled gas in the hull doing a repair last week. Boat stinks to high heaven, will never get that smell out. GRRRR

strick - not sure - but if your looking at Rinker - why not check out this Crownline (Friends boat) - I can attest to this BEAUTY... meticulously maintained !!

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2004/Crownline-270-CR-%28Trailer-%26amp%3B-Tender%29-2652844/Maple-Ridge/Canada

Comes with Trailer, Tender & Tender o/b....

Thanks much. I appreciate you looking out for us. Would like twins with a wider beam, and we'll be rack storing inside at a marina, so the trailer would not be needed. Again, thanks for the thought & will keep those in mind, it is a nice looking boat... Something will happen eventually!

All the best!

Thanks much. I appreciate you looking out for us. Would like twins with a wider beam, and we'll be rack storing inside at a marina, so the trailer would not be needed. Again, thanks for the thought & will keep those in mind, it is a nice looking boat... Something will happen eventually!

All the best!

no problem - happy hunting....

Okay .... got the survey lined up for Monday and we'll see from there. Really hope everything works out as we are already getting excited for boating season next year and doing some weekenders!

The only negative is we have to sell our amazing 216 ssi ..... so sad about that .... lot's of great memories and my first boat ever! If we lived on a smaller lake we would probably keep her!

After careful thought, we decided to go for a new 2014 270 and trade in our 216. Even though the 2008 was in great condition, we would have to sell our boat privately and I really wasn't looking forward to the hassle and the storage costs. Thanks again for your input!