Sign in to follow this  
BigRiver

Volvo Penta 6.0.....

Actually that's two reasons. A third is eloquently stated by 236SSX below.

Sounds like someone has a serious case of engine envy. :wacko:

No engine envy here tough guy. I have a built 8.1 mag in my 236 SSX and it will smoke 90% of the boats on this forum. I just decided not brag about it, but those who have seen my posts since 2009 know my boat and know what it runs. Sound like you have engine envy. :funny-7327:

I love a "sleeper" runabout! Nothing like seeing a runabout beat a Baja or Checkmate!! Don't get me wrong, I like both brands but they're typically not that fast as far as performance boats go. And the captain who thinks his boat is fast, is pretty upset when he gets smoked by a bowrider!!!:D

Actually that's two reasons. A third is eloquently stated by 236SSX below.

Sounds like someone has a serious case of engine envy. :wacko:

No engine envy here tough guy. I have a built 8.1 mag in my 236 SSX and it will smoke 90% of the boats on this forum. I just decided not brag about it, but those who have seen my posts since 2009 know my boat and know what it runs. Sound like you have engine envy. :funny-7327:

Uh oh, guess I didn't make myself clear. I was referring to "Ric" as the one having engine envy.

Motorhead talk ... let's go boating ... :beer-7687-1:

I agree, All of our boats and captains are cool. That's why I continue to stop by this forum. Let's go boating sounds good....

Thanks

:oregonian_winesmiley:

my dealer whom I've known for 20 years said if I got the Volvo 6.0 he'd punch me 8.2 much much better volvo is for yuppies

LOL, that's funny!!!:)

Hey 236SSX, when you coming up to PA to "build" my engine!! I need more speed!!!:)

my dealer whom I've known for 20 years said if I got the Volvo 6.0 he'd punch me 8.2 much much better volvo is for yuppies

Well that is just silly. Now where did I put my ascot, the BMW is warm and I have to go to the club.

The only thing that is going to prove the new 6.0 in the marketplace is established reliability. The performance is there. They are marketing it heavily on long maintenance and rebuild intervals and overall reliability. After I bought the boat I received a letter saying they were extending the factory warranty. We shall see. So far so good.

I have a built 8.1 mag in my 236 SSX and it will smoke 90% of the boats on this forum. I just decided not brag about it, but those who have seen my posts since 2009 know my boat and know what it runs.

Looks like I may soon start a thread regarding performance work on these engines. Don't want to change anything while it's in warranty, but after I become accustomed to this Merc, game on.