Leaky Sun Deck access door

After dealing with wet carpet on in the cockpit area after rains, I patiently waited on board during a run shower to try to determine where the water was coming from. It turns out that the rain water is getting into the helm area through the underside of the Sun Deck access door. I actually seen it coming in under the hinge side of the access and tracking on the interior along the bottom of the wind shield on the port side, coming down along the lounge seat and dripping on the front of the cockpit area.

I am assuming that there must be some sort of weather strip wear issue, however it does not seem that there is actual weather stripping or a rubber gasket along the bottom of the access.

Does this seem right to you folks? Has anyone else had this issue and how did you solve it?

Thanks

Not right ... but it is how Chap built my boat as well. I used to have a river flowing around the helm down to wall pocket and from there to cockpit, and some down to engine room. Even after dealing with that I still have some rain water blown in by wind thru the camper canvas joins, nooks and crannies.

I went to Home Depot and got white double rib weather stripping similar to this one ... http://www.amazon.com/Frost-King-V25W-Weather-Strip-Inch-by1/dp/B000B4N3OA/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1381725487&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=Frost+king+Double+weatherstrip

I cut a piece an inch longer than the opening and mounted it across the door opening right where the deck starts to go up a bit. I made sure that stripping ends go beyond the opening and I stuffed them with a spatula between frame and deck so the water does not have a place to go in on either side. The seal between door and deck is not as important as the seal between the frame and deck. A little elevation will keep water away as long as the sides are sealed.