jdockhorn

first boat

Hey everyone. This is my first boat. Had to get rid of my Harley, bad knee. So I figured I float. Traded for a 1997 2335ss limited with 7.4l merc and bravo one. anything special I should know about this boat, or chaparral or those funny little things that you find out the hard way. can not wait till next season. kills me seeing it in driveway waiting for snow.. thanks

Welcome to the group. Hopefully you will confirm that you do float and the boat does as well.... myself - boat passes the test, I fail the test so I just make sure I stay aboard.

I recommend taking on a few things throughout the winter to levelize the budget...make sure you have plenty of dock lines (at least 3 15 footers, perhaps 20's), at least 3 fenders properly sized, dock pole, paper charts of the areas you will be boating in (even if you get a chartplotter or GPS, they are still very handy to have and to be familiar with), small toolkit with commonly needed tools, duct tape, electrical tape, prop wrench, bucket, tow ropes for skis & toys, and a marine radio. You have a few months to assemble it all but you will be ahead of the game come spring when launch day rolls around.....

Good luck!

I highly recommend taking a Coast Guard safety class. Then try to read as much as possible about boat handling. Chapmans is a good source. Always remember to run your blower!!