Sign in to follow this  
Mhans

LED lights in Sunesta 264 arch

I had to replace the ski arch in my 2011 Sunesta 264 last year..new arch came with multi-color LED lights, not present on the original. Since not part of the original, had to buy new switch and wiring harness that Chaparral charged me for!!!!....even worse, wiring the switch as instructed didn't work.....marine electronics guy also had difficult time getting it wired.....thought the original LED 's were faulty and only one of the replacements seem to work....Bottom line:Chaparral doesn't want to send replacement for the remaining non-working 3-color LED unless I pay full price...around bucks for a simple 3 color LED...and they won't reveal supplier....does anybody know who the supplier is or how to replace the multicolor LED (red-white-blue) for my 2011 Sunesta 264....
Thanks, Mike

Typical. I would ask a parts person at a dealership to get you a sku or a number of a box for the OEM's sku. People have had great luck with Joe at Cecil Marine. I have not used him. You might also hit Google hard with the light in you hand and when you see what appears to the be the right image you may be onto it.

Curious, why did you have to replace the arch?

These lights do not require any special/different switches nor wiring. The single pole switch and wiring, like already installed for arch lights, is all that is required. You switch the colors by simply toggling the switch on and off. Why the marine electrician had problem wiring the lights ... they are as simple to wire as your previous lights. Me wonders ... and I suspect Chap wonders ... if the lights were properly wired and not damaged during experimentation.

They go for around 100 per piece, and look and work great ... I have replaced the old arch lights on my boat with Apeirons.

I know the new 2013 style switch (mounted by itself near the shifter) toggles thru 4 times. red, blue, purple, off, repeat. (may have my colours and rotation screwed up)

I'm curious too

My thought is you will never find out what happened to the original arch. In OP's 14 posts, he mentions it several times, but never gives an answer.

Let's try and guess....

My guess is that he tried to pull a disabled 40 foot flybridge boat back to the dock with lines connected to the arch, and snapped it off.

The vendor is lumitec out of south Florida. Most likely the mirage series. Momentary switch switches between the colors