Sign in to follow this  
mpm330

Weather Sucks

Lots of ice here! 250,000 without power. Daughter called and they have no power and are headed to her Mom's place. Need to call marina and check on the power. Hope all are staying warm and safe.

I just saw 300,000 people without power, lots of emergencies, etc. We're supposed to get some snow and a little bit of a mix but that's it. And cold temps but nothing like the Northern States! I hope all of you mid-westerners stay safe!

Mike, as usual, you hit the nail on the head. Hard to believe it was sunny and in the 70s a few days ago. Hope you have power; so far, so good for us. Two marinas impacted so far on Lake Lewisville:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/stories/Marinas-Collapse-Boats-Damaged-on-Lake-Lewisville-234776201.html

Very glad we winterized the boat and jet skis early this year. However, if the dock collapses, that is in vain. Going to think positive. :-)

I talked to the folks at my marina and all was good. Power stayed on and no damage to the docks. I saw on the news about the two marinas that had docks collapse, hope none of the members had damage to their boats. I know that there are some in Hidden Cove. The ice is really bad, some had 2+ and then 4+ of sleet on top. I am ready to get out of the house.

Time to move, Mike. We are in the process of moving to Murrells Inlet, SC. It's a little warmer than where we are in NC.

That is what I told the wife on Friday. Time to move further south.

Hidden Cove had two Docks colapse, only boats damaged belonged to the marina, Crews worked in the frezeing weather to remove some of the sleet load off the dock roofs. We lost a TV antenna on the slip, the boat is fine.