milehighchap

Lake Powell 2014 here I come... Houseboat help.

6 posts in this topic

I just booked my houseboat at lake powell after a 12 year haitus. I cant wait to see how my 08 204SSI does at this lake since the altitude is much less than the normal mile high here in Denver. However, with the water level lower than it was in years past does anyone have any suggestions for good houseboat camping spots in either the Escalante or Moki Canyons?

I am definitely jealous that you will be visiting Powell this year! We have gone both to the Page and Wahweep in the past. Unfortunately the lake is so large I don't know much about Escalante or Moki. While in Wahweep, we went north uplake and not chose to go south.

When at Powell last year I really didn't notice a difference from Rocky Mountain air compared to Lake Powell.

Safe Adventures!

Just joined this forum and saw you post. Don't know if you have looked at Waynesword's website but it will give you a lot of information about Lake Powell. Camping, boating and fishing. Lake level will be about where it was in 2004 (low) so houseboat spots will be plenty. If anything, my boat probably runs stronger in Lake Powell than around Denver. I have run a couple times from Bullfrog to Page (100 miles) and back and it was pretty cool. Once in an old "B" boat and once in my 240 Sig. Have fun, the Escalente is my favorite place to go.

Yeah, I expect the water level will be much lower for a while. That should make for a lot more beaches to look for houseboat parking. Im thinking we might try heading up the Escalante to see what we can find.

Hey guys! I too am head to Lake Powell in 3 weeks. I live in Littleton. My Chap performs better at Powell than at Chatfield and have you guys ever tried Lake Granby? Air is thin up there and the boat is noticeably less responsive.

We have a timeshare on a houseboat out of Page. We really enjoy the time at Powell.

Wade

Just got back from Powell and it is still one of my favorite places on the plannet. The water level was low but rising 6-8 inches per day. A little windy at times but June wasn't quite so hot. We found a nice cove accross from Davis Gulch up the escalante to park the housebout. My 204ssi hit 50mph and ran like a champ. We are already talking about another trip next year. 20140618_101851%255B1%255D.jpg