Sign in to follow this  
246inColorado

Lake Table Rock

I guess it doesn't hurt to post, but my wife and I decided we will be visiting Table Rock sometime in July.

As of right now we are looking at the region closer to Branson (near Still Waters Resort) but would be open to other regions of the lake.

Does anyone know of any friends/family/owners that rent their house and dock somewhere in this region? We are looking to house approximately 14 or so people for a 5/6 night length.

Thanks Mid-West group for any suggestions/references in advance.

We were there 2 summers ago. Stayed at The Timbers Resort, in Shell knob. Nice thing about this part of the lake is that its quiet day and night.

Grocery store was real close by so if we needed anything not a big deal to get something.

+1 on VRBO, check Craigslist too--Mo./Springfield area, lots of rentals there.

Tripadvisor has lots of ratings and reviews on Table Rock resorts.

We stayed with a friend whom rented a house from below, we stayed in the Table Rock Lodge, nice house with a dock right below the house.

http://chaletsontablerocklake.com/

Table Rock is our home lake, you will have a great time! Let us know if we can give you any guidance or recommendations on activities?

I agree that VRBO is your best bet but finding a 5 to 6 bedroom home with dock for rent in July may be a tall order. I looked at VRBO listings for Table Rock Lake based on your group size and most are already booked for July.

Did you visit Table Rock Lake last August as you had planned? We are based in Shell Knob at Campbell Point Marina and will let you know if we hear of any suitable homes for rent. How many boat slips do you need?

ScottC

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have been scouring VRBO. Unfortunately I am waiting on a final count of people before I get real serious.

As it stands I will keep searching.

ScottC - we did make it to Shell Knob last year and had a blast. 7 grown dudes x 1 case of beer per person per day..I really don't remember much. I did not have my boat so I was not responsible. 3 guys on the boat were K.C. cops. Let me tell you, that was interesting.

Thanks everyone for the tips. This year will be in Branson and only include close friends and family. It still looks like Still Waters Resort still has availability for late June and August.

Would also be interested to know of any chaparral meetups as well (at table rock).

Back to searching...

I understand the attraction of Branson for recreation/dining/etc but most Chap owners on this forum are based in other areas of Table Rock lake.

The Branson end of the lake tends to be very crowded ( both on and off the water ) in the peak summer months - so there are trade offs. Big Cedar Lodge, the Branson Belle paddle/river boat,etc draw lots of tourists. The State Park marina near the dam has rental boats so it gets busy.

We have not had a formal Chap owner raft up in several years but we have informal raft ups most summer weekends near Shell Knob. The local Chap dealer, The Harbor Boat Sales at Indian Point may sponsor an Owners raft up in 2014 but it's too early to know for sure. Good luck in the search. ScottC

"The Harbor Boat Sales at Indian Point may sponsor an Owners raft up in 2014 but it's too early to know for sure."

Keep me posted!!

+1 on VRBO, check Craigslist too--Mo./Springfield area, lots of rentals there.

Tripadvisor has lots of ratings and reviews on Table Rock resorts.

We stayed with a friend whom rented a house from below, we stayed in the Table Rock Lodge, nice house with a dock right below the house.

http://chaletsontablerocklake.com/

Table Rock is our home lake, you will have a great time! Let us know if we can give you any guidance or recommendations on activities?

Thanks gators5. I will definitely do some more research on that one. Looks like it would be a good choice for more privacy.

Another option if you decide on moving away from Branson and Indian Point area is a very nice resort for groups and families named Indian Hills Resort on Table Rock Lake. The facilities are top notch but no restaurant close by ( nearest by car is Steak Inn in Shell Knob or by boat is the Port Grill ) so bring your grilling tools and chef hat.

Futzin - you are always welcome. I will let you know if we get a Chap raft up organized otherwise the partying will continue with no discrimination on boat type.

ScottC

Futzin -

I'll say Hi to Roy when I see him but you can contact him on Facebook or email. He finally bought a trailer for the Cobalt so he could end up at Dale Hollow Lake someday. I have not seen him on this forum in a long time but he probably is watching.

We have a lot of new Chaparrals on Table Rock Lake since you were there in 2010. I am aware of two new 287's, a 267, a 290 and a few others so maybe the dealer will do a event for his customers. We can always hope. ScottC

Yikes, you guys may not allow my measley 220 to tie off to ya! That's a nice Chap flotilla for sure.

What's Facebook? ... :)

I do well to check in here from time to time...

WERE BOOKED!!!!

Thanks Futzin' and ScottC for all the suggestions. We have officially decided to stay just off Indian Point at a small campgound called Tall Pines! Our group will be out and about boating on the Branson side of the lake from July 6th through the 12th and we are slipping at Indian Point Marina If either or any others have any hookups/roundups on lake during this time ( and would like to entertain other Chap owners) let me know!

We are very excited and I look forward to the journey. I have read up on all the Missouri boating laws and can comply 100%, however didn't see any information regarding the use of flags (A Colorado law requirement when people are in the water).

Any secrets, things to see on the lake, and helpful GPS coordinates would be very beneficial as well.

Thanks again!

You need to display an orange flag when boat is stopped and people are in the water, do not need to display while pulling skier, once they fall, display the flag

I believe that Indian Point Marina is the home of Harbor Boat Sales ( the local Chap dealer ) - if not, they are close by. The Branson end of the lake has the State Park marina with small restaurant ( visitor slips are limited ), Big Cedar Lodge and marina ( Bass Pro Shop owned ) with nice dining and bars. Visitor slips are available and they can call a shuttle van from marina to lodge. Weekends in July are busy on the water between the Branson dam and the Kimberling City marina..

Buy a Table Rock Lake map for reference and a GPS Fishing Hots spots ( or similar ) chip for the lake. GPS is essential if operating after dark to maintain the channel and find your way home. A portable VHF radio could be helpful as we monitor channel 77 and 78. We hang out in the southwest part of the lake near Shell Knob ( Campbell Point Marina and Port Grill restaurant - behind the marina ) which is about 30 to 40 minutes at 30mph from your base. Weekend raft ups of Chap and Cobalt owners are common in the back of the cove next to mile marker 21. You can send me a PM if you want more details. ScottC

We are going down the fourth weekend of August. We usually stay in the Kimberling City area. We usually either take a cruise up to Koppies in Cape Fair or to Campbell Point Marina for lunch. Haven't gone around the bend to Cape Fair in a few years.

Koppies Restaurant has good food and is a nice lunch cruise destination on the James River branch in Cape Fair. They are in the marina behind fuel dock with nice visitor docks and the outside covered deck is pet friendly.

The only negative is they are within a mile or two of the end of the navigable water on the James River and you must reverse course to get back to the main channel.

We run up there from Shell Knob once or twice a summer. ScottC