markalong

Swim Platform

I personally recommend going with a factory extended swim platform. Made to match the boat, built strong, and finished properly with matching rubrail/ss insert. Also, a company called SeaDek has matching templates/mats if you desire to install a mat for a factory ESP. You can save some money getting an aftermarket ESP, but you get what you pay for IMO.

What year of 190 SSi? If you have a MY 2003, then I highly recommend getting the factory ESP for the MY 2000-2002 186 SSi/MY2003 190 SSi. If you have a MY 2004 or later 190 SSi, (totally different boat) than I recommend getting the factory ESP; this particular ESP fits a lot of different models:

1994 - 1999 1830 SS

1994 - 1999 1930/1935 SS

1994 - 1999 2130/2135 SS

2001 - 2003 183 SS

2001 - 2008 190 SSi

2001 - 2003 210/215 SS

2004 - 2008 210 SSi

2004 - 2011 215 SSi

To install a factory ESP on your boat, it takes maybe 4 hours. You could decide to leave your current boarding ladder where it is, and simply order a new factory boarding ladder (has the integrated grab rail) that you can then install on the factory ESP. Or, you can move the ladder, plug the 4 mounting screw holes, install a 17" factory oval grab rail, and then re-install the ladder onto the new ESP. Factory ESP comes with all mounting hardware. You'll need a small tub of 3M 4000 UV white marine adhesive sealant, counter sink, 17" oval grab rail*, or directions**.

* grab rail simply needs 2 large ss fenders with a 5/16" hole, and a pair of matching ss nylock nuts

** directions are posted here on the forum by myself and others.

Figure 2 grand all in, plus labour. Best investment by far however in my honest opinion. We did the factory ESP along with the SeaDek mat kit. MANY compliments on the fit, added space, and feel.

SeaDek pad for a 2004 and later 190 SSi. (page says it's for a 210 SSi, but the factory ESP is the exact same part number, kit, etc.)

http://www.seadek.com/p-68-chaparral-210-ssi.aspx

Thank you both for your suggestions. My boat is a 2005 190ssi. I have just taken delivery of her last Sunday so I have not had a chance to work on her much yet. Looking to get started this weekend.

Thansk again for your help and suggestions.

Mark Long

WOW, that looks really nice installed and it appears it gives you quite a bit more room on her. Approximately what will this set me back with the OEM ESP?you have my attention.

Thanks Mark

I'm not in that line of supply anymore, but I would think you should be able to get a factory ESP kit for your boat, the oval grab rail, and shipping included for under 2000 deer. Talk to Joe at Cecil Marine if you wish to compare prices with your local dealer.

NOTE: the 2004 and later 190 SSi factory ESP is a little smaller and narrower than the style of factory ESP used on the 186, 196, 204, 216, 220 SSi, etc. boats of that era. 2004 and later 190 SSi was simply an upgraded 183 SS and rebadged.

Below is a link showing the factory ESP on a 2135 SS. The 2135 SS hull was about 6" wider than your 190 SSi, but used the same ESP. This link also shows a member who installed an aftermarket ESP on his 210 SS. Doesn't appear to be any wider than the factory version, nor as substantial in my opinion as the factory offering.

http://forum.chaparralboats.com/index.php?showtopic=22961

A swim platform is one of the best additions you can make. Would not buy one without it.

brick

Where did you guys get the factory ESP? how many deer? My dealers here in texas won't sell me one. Said it voids the hull warranty. I don't care about that. Plan on installing my self.

Call Cecil Marine or email ben@cecilmarine.com.

For that era of boat, Chaparral will most likely want a signed waiver stating they didn't install the swim platform, before they will ship the ESP out. I have attached a copy of the document for you to look over. I would think you can get a factory ESP for that particular boat for less than 2K deer shipped to your door. Cecil Marine ships the factory ESP along with an oval grab rail, and they're used to shipping such items all over the world.

Factory ESP for you boat is the same as a MY 2003 200 SSi, or MY 2004-2008 204 SSi. I don't believe there will be any issue with a hull warranty, etc.

Chaparral part # 3-1174

Highly recommend installing SeaDek on your ESP and integrated swim platform. Attached are a couple of pictures showing our 2001 186 SSi with the factory ESP and SeaDek kit I had installed. Best upgrades I've done to the boat.

NOTE: in looking at SeaDek's website, it appears they've updated the 196/200 SSi model offerings. Apparently you can get both the ISP and ESP mats, but at a rather steep rise in price vs the complete 2001 era 186 SSi. I think making a call would help regarding price.

MY 2001-2002 196 SSi and MY 2003 200 SSi kit available from SeaDek for the integrated swim platform (ISP)

http://www.seadek.com/p-314-chaparral-196-ssi-200-ssi.aspx

Chaparral_196SSI_swim_platform_pad.jpg

MY 2001-2002 196 SSi and MY 2003 200 SSi kit available from SeaDek for the factory extended swim platform (factory ESP)

http://www.seadek.com/p-315-chaparral-204ssi-200-ssi-204-ssi.aspx

Chaparral_204_swim_platform_pad.jpg

platformform.jpg

20130908_092847_zps2fc6007d.jpg

20130908_092830_zps3aec2692.jpg

Y'all stop! , I want one but between the deer and the fact I would have to move my Exhaust, I'm too intimidated to give it a try.

Thanks Shep. I will conact Cecil and see what the deal is. Need water to rise before I can jump on this.

Duane, yeah its a lot of deer... BUT for me the peace of mind that the outdrive is covered when people are jumping off the back of the boat is worth it. Also makes it way better when sitting in party cove just chilling with your feet in the water.

Y'all stop! , I want one but between the deer and the fact I would have to move my Exhaust, I'm too intimidated to give it a try.

Duane, I've been thinking a good deal about your particular position, and I honestly feel that adding an extended swim platform is actually doable even with keeping the exhaust in place.

Option # 1. Order a factory ESP, and then make holes in the ESP to allow the exhaust tips to fit through the fibreglass. Apply sealant to keep water from getting into the fibreglass when finished. This could potentially weaken the support built into the swim platform, but they are built quite strong.

Option # 2. Buy the type of ESP that won't require modifications. In particular, I believe that you will have no clearance or strength issues if you were to buy a http://swimplatformsuperstore.com 85" Classic Transom mount. Will probably need to position the inner pair of 90 degree support brackets in a different spot, but that should be it according to the pictures I can find of your boat's exhaust tip locations, and the aftermarket ESP that will fit your model. Of this particular companies options, I like the Classic due to the built in ladder with a proper lid.

Personally, if I had your boat, I would go for Option # 2 without question. No structural changes to the ESP required that I can see, and the platform is a good deal larger than the factory version. One of the few times where I believe the aftermarket option is as good or better than factory.

Have SeaDek make you a custom set of pads for your integrated platform and the ESP, and you'll be amazed at the traction, comfort, and gained usable real estate. An ESP and SeaDek together are quite a one-two punch for convenience and safety. I think you deserve to have your cake, and to eat it too.

http://swimplatformsuperstore.com/Chaparral_2130.html

DSC00741.JPG

100_5055_zpsd1eb369f.jpg?112

DSC00738.JPG

On 2/18/2015 at 6:48 PM, Shepherd1 said:

Call Cecil Marine or email ben@cecilmarine.com.

For that era of boat, Chaparral will most likely want a signed waiver stating they didn't install the swim platform, before they will ship the ESP out. I have attached a copy of the document for you to look over. I would think you can get a factory ESP for that particular boat for less than 2K deer shipped to your door. Cecil Marine ships the factory ESP along with an oval grab rail, and they're used to shipping such items all over the world.

Factory ESP for you boat is the same as a MY 2003 200 SSi, or MY 2004-2008 204 SSi. I don't believe there will be any issue with a hull warranty, etc.

Chaparral part # 3-1174

Highly recommend installing SeaDek on your ESP and integrated swim platform. Attached are a couple of pictures showing our 2001 186 SSi with the factory ESP and SeaDek kit I had installed. Best upgrades I've done to the boat.

NOTE: in looking at SeaDek's website, it appears they've updated the 196/200 SSi model offerings. Apparently you can get both the ISP and ESP mats, but at a rather steep rise in price vs the complete 2001 era 186 SSi. I think making a call would help regarding price.

MY 2001-2002 196 SSi and MY 2003 200 SSi kit available from SeaDek for the integrated swim platform (ISP)

http://www.seadek.com/p-314-chaparral-196-ssi-200-ssi.aspx

Chaparral_196SSI_swim_platform_pad.jpg

MY 2001-2002 196 SSi and MY 2003 200 SSi kit available from SeaDek for the factory extended swim platform (factory ESP)

http://www.seadek.com/p-315-chaparral-204ssi-200-ssi-204-ssi.aspx

Chaparral_204_swim_platform_pad.jpg

platformform.jpg

20130908_092847_zps2fc6007d.jpg

20130908_092830_zps3aec2692.jpg

I am looking to add this same set up to my 200ssi this summer. I was looking at the templates that you put in the forum how do you know where the hole is for the esp ladder latch? It is not depicted on the diagram.

Hi, I just want to fully understand how things are with your boat: do you already have the optional factory extended swim platform, like pictured above? If not, I recommend getting a factory one installed for sure for added safey and convenience.

If you have a 2003 200 SSi, this takes the same factory ESP as the 2000-2002 196 SSi, and 2004-2008 204 SSi. (all 3 models of course used the same hull, with the 196 and 200 SSi models being the same exact boat, just a number change for MY 2003)

NOTE: my SeaDek kit for the 2001 186 SSi includes both the integrated swim platform, as well as the optional extended platform. For your boat, you would need to the 2 kits shown below if you have the factory ESP installed. You're right in that the hole for the latch isn't shown, but forum member superpop has it on his 204 SSi:

453.jpg

Doesn't show very well, but for the boarding ladder on the factory ESP, my only issue with my SeaDek was the hinge cut-outs for the ESP boarding ladder were positioned closer together than the factory placed the hinges. A running change for hinge position I believe at Chaparral. Anyway, I assumed the measurements were the same from when the original template from whoever was sent to SeaDek when I placed my order from them; so my bad. I just live with the mistake.

One thing to consider: SeaDek now has a 3 colour option coming out this spring which looks really sharp to my eye. If I had to do it over again, I'd go black, red, gray for our boat.

Hope this helps.

Chris

33995DC9-4524-4D14-9A81-88795E6F0B36_zps

{option}http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff163/AirMarshall/33995DC9-4524-4D14-9A81-88795E6F0B36_zpsqlcy1533.jpg[/IMG]

Close this window

Close this window

http://s240.photobucket.com/user/AirMarshall/media/33995DC9-4524-4D14-9A81-88795E6F0B36_zpsqlcy1533.jpg.html