Garyminn

Getting ready to order a 2014 Sunesta 264: Any advice for a newbie?

Congrats on the new ride!!! I however, do not feel sorry for your storm of the century - I currently have a 8' mound of snow on both sides of the driveway and the snowblower can barely get snow on top of it. we have not seen above freezing temps since mid Dec. and I just drove home this weekend from Holland MI, and hit yet another 6" snowstorm that made a 2 hr drive into a 4.5 hour drive.

I need Summer !!!! - but really - congrats on your new boat :banana2:

I hear you -- I don't expect any sympathy...in fact, I'm also amused by the terror that a few inches of snow causes folks down here.. as a former longtime resident of Minnesota, I'm used to 6 - 8 feet of snow next to my driveway, not 3 inches....but as you would expect, the southern states simply don't have the equipment, nor the drivers accustomed to snow, to understand how to handle anything but flurries...without panicking, buying up all the bread and milk in the stores, and assuming they will be locked in their homes for days at a time when snow falls. Besides, it melts in a matter of days at most...

and thanks for the congrats -- we are excited! :-)

That's gonna be a sweeet ride! What color? Congrats.

Thanks -- we ordered the Biscayne blue, white bottom hull, with the decorative white stuff on the blue....

Thanks -- we ordered the Biscayne blue, white bottom hull, with the decorative white stuff on the blue....

Sort of like what I have!

Sort of like what I have!

Yes, very similar, it sounds like. I wasn't wild about the arch, so we didn't spring for that, and I did go with the VP 380 HP motor, as well as the trim tabs. I also decided against the 'in water' exhaust, pretty much again because of the additional cost. That said, I'm glad I did the other upgrades...we're excited.

Garyminn

Update on the Sunesta 264's arrival -- I'm picking up the new boat tomorrow. I'll do my best to get a few pics loaded up and copied here, somehow. Going to try to open a dropbox or photobucket account, and see what I can figure out.

Thanks again to everyone for the good advice during the purchasing process!

Garyminn

P.S. I've started another topic in the 'newbies' category regarding which portable spotlight to buy -- any advice there would be appreciated!

Congrats! We took the plunge last year and bought a 2013 Sunesta 264. First boat we've ever owned. We have the VP 380 along with trim tabs. The arch was what sold us on this boat-love the look and has saved my Irish skin! No issues with the ride-very smooth. Our only recurring issue has been the fuel gauge malfunctioning. Our dealer has been great to work with and has been extremely helpful with minor issues. He included several lessons with a boat captain when we purchased that helped out greatly. Can't wait to get back on the water. Enjoy!post-30107-0-21668200-1398221082_thumb.j