Sign in to follow this  
Digdoug39

VERY URGENT: 226 SSI Canvas Prop Bar

The body shop I work at fixed up a crack and painted the side of a 226 ssi for a customer. It took a long while but we got it all done and ready, but in the process of putting the canvas back on the top of it, a prop bar for the back canvas fell (only about 3 feet) and broke.

The part that broke is the clamp that you undo to adjust the prop rod height, it snapped in half. I really need to replace this for him because He just bought the boat and its in brand new condition. I've looked around and the only thing i've found is you can buy a whole new canvas for the boat for around $950.

The question is, does anyone know where I can purchase a new clamp or prop rod as a whole for a 226 ssi? This is incredibly urgent.

I'll upload pictures tomorrow if this isn't answered.

I think that's a generic part, not necessarily a Chaparral part. Local boat dealer or West Marine should have it. As well as Joe at Cecil Marine of course!

I added a 2nd pole to my cockpit canvas to prevent pooling. I installed the plastic vent pc. that holds the pole, then used a telescoping shower curtain rod as the pole. I just took the rubber foot off the one end. Been working great for 6 yrs. and a heck of a lot cheaper than a specific cover support pole!