Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bad Dog

G'Day from an Aussie Pom!

8 posts in this topic

G'Day Guys,

Just got round to joining. Had ours for one year now down here in Western Australia. They were imported here a while back but I'm not sure about now, not 'Over West' anyhow.

Looking forward to reading and learning, I'll be sure to do a bit or research before posting previously-asked Qs - hopefully. Already got some good info on why my stereo might not be working after a botched battery swap and mis-connection!

Cheers for now!

Cheers Guys!

Stereo fixed as per advice found on the forum - going to be bunking-off work early tomorrow to get out from Ocean Reef Marina and have lunch out on the boat - just me and the missus while the kids are still at school. The forecast looks great, 37 Celsius (HOT) and calm.

You looking to adopt. Frigen record breaking winter not seen since the 30's, I'm ready to move permanently... I have 256ssx I can bring... :beer-7687-1:

Yeah, I've been watching the extreme cold over your way and the UK being underwater!

We're at the end of a record-breaking hot summer with no significant rainfall since mid-October. Today is the first day of Autumn, the forecast is for 38 Celsius and it's already hit 34 by 11am - Not bragging, just saying.

To be honest its often too hot to do much!

Mind you, yesterday we great afternoon out on the water and we have a public holiday long weekend over here, so tomorrow looks good for an early start.

Congrats Aussie POM - see you still have good taste - you own a "Chappy". I am a fellow Pom - left blighty in 1952 as a whippersnapper with "Ten Pound a trip" parents. Now live on Brisbane Bayside. Was always a "Trailer Boatie" but - after a long search - got a "Chappy 276 Cruiser in November 2014. 2006 Model with only 120 hours on clock and the ginormous 496 Mag engine. Chaparral sure do build a great boat - the layout is so flexible it took other makers another 4 years to match it. Wishing you many happy and safe days boating in Perth waters.

Keep losing my text (hope it doesn't all load - embarrasing !)

Welcome Aussie POM. Hope you are enjoying beautiful Perth and its great boating waters. I am another Aussie POM but am on the other side of OZ in Bayside Brisbane. Fantastic boating here - choice of 100km inland waterways from Gold Coast to Bribie and then out to Ocean if you like. We have a Chaparral 276 Cruiser with 496MAG thumper to push it along. Like Perth - winters are not bad - so keep on boating year long. Wish you many days of happy / safe boating.

post-37664-0-89337300-1401175591_thumb.j

post-37664-0-92422000-1401175657_thumb.j

post-37664-0-51740600-1401176060_thumb.j

post-37664-0-49481100-1401177128_thumb.j