Dennis A

1992 1900 Ladder Parts

6 posts in this topic

The previous owner of my boat removed the boarding ladder because the thru-hull bolts were leaking. In an attempt to actually fix the leak properly and have a ladde, I have located and purchased a new ladder and hardware that matches the OE one. I am now trying to located what looks like a stop/bumper that attached to the back of the boat where the ladder step would hit the hull when stowed. This piece appears to have attached to the hull with three fasteners and had a nylon strap attached to hold the ladder in place. I have had no luck in finding this part nor a good enough picture to attempt to reproduce it. Does anyone have this part and either wants to sell it to me, or at least take some detailed pictures so I can copy it?

post-40846-0-62414100-1393966202_thumb.p

I looked but, couldn't find any part number on the bumper, it's 8" long.

Not sure if these photo's will help you or not.

This is on a 1990 - Chaparral 1900SL

post-13383-0-69436900-1394492490_thumb.j

post-13383-0-92123700-1394492524_thumb.j

I looked but, couldn't find any part number on the bumper, it's 8" long.

Not sure if these photo's will help you or not.

This is on a 1990 - Chaparral 1900SL

Thanks Pesimist. I didn't get a notification that you responded. It looks alot like a piece of rub rail without the insert????

I have this same boat and ladder but want to add a longer 2 step ladder. Has anyone seen a 2 step ladder of the same width and design so I can use the same mounting holes? I can't seem to find one the same width. I know is a Garelick brand but apparently they don't make it anymore.