AnchorsAway

H20 18 or 19 ft Sport?

Hi Everyone,

After 10 years of talking about it, we're finally pulling the trigger on a boat. We've been doing a lot of research and budgeting want to go with the H20 Sport.

We are debating between the 18 ft and 19ft. Is the 135hp motor in the 18ft enough? We are a family of 4..6 if you count the dogs... and want the arch on top because it looks cool... but would the engine be stressed? We may have a few guests now and then which would add to the weight.

If we go with the 19, should we toss in the 220hp or is the 2 grand not worth the upgrade over the 190hp? We don't ski and would pull a tube when our girls got older. I love to go fast.. but speed is not the main goal, just cruising around and going from beach to beach on Lake Michigan.

Any and all advice between the 18ft and 19ft would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help..

I was in exactly the same position you were in until this weekend when I finally pulled the trigger on a H2O 19. My wife and I debated between the 19 and 18; however, the fact that none of the local dealers had 18's in stock to look at pushed us towards the 19. Was told that most buyers opted.for the 19 due to minor.price difference and the fact that you get stainless steel upgrades and more engine choices with the 19. I ended up getting the 220 MPI motor with aluminum trailer over the 19 with 190 HP engine and painted trailer. Price difference was only $3k and I thought it was worth it for the trailer and direct injection engine. Btw, none of the local dealer Carried the 19 with the 130 HP engine. I could have ordered a boat, but didn't want to wait till June to get her. Whether you go for the 19 or 18, I think you will be happy. We certainly are.

Hi Everyone,

After 10 years of talking about it, we're finally pulling the trigger on a boat. We've been doing a lot of research and budgeting want to go with the H20 Sport.

We are debating between the 18 ft and 19ft. Is the 135hp motor in the 18ft enough? We are a family of 4..6 if you count the dogs... and want the arch on top because it looks cool... but would the engine be stressed? We may have a few guests now and then which would add to the weight.

If we go with the 19, should we toss in the 220hp or is the 2 grand not worth the upgrade over the 190hp? We don't ski and would pull a tube when our girls got older. I love to go fast.. but speed is not the main goal, just cruising around and going from beach to beach on Lake Michigan.

Any and all advice between the 18ft and 19ft would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your help..

Hi .. we were in the same position also in 2012, bought the 19 with the 190 hp... plenty of power for that size boat, this engine is the older style carburated type vs direct fuel injection for the 220 hp... both are good engines, the younger crowd seems to like the higher hp rating, we don't use the boat for speed, tow a bit with it, and the powers is there when you need it. Love the Chaparral quality, but as with any boat, faithful maintenance is a good thing,... we are not fix it types ourselves for a boat, so we take it to the mercury dealer for all our checks and services and as a result, have worry free boating. The 19 sport gives you more room behind the drivers seat which you will appreciate very much. THere are also some chrome touches here and there. Mostly, the 18 with the 135 hp will not be as nearly good resale as the 19 with the 4.3 l....so keep that in mind for resale. Either way, we love the product and the true enjoyment on the water the boat provides. Hope you enjoy yours as much.

Get the 19 with the 4.3MPI. You will not regret it. You will forever regret an underpowered boat.

+1

Get the 19 with the 4.3MPI. You will not regret it. You will forever regret an underpowered boat.

I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to chime in with my $.02 for anyone researching before a purchase. Don't be afraid of the 4.3 carbureted, it is more than enough power for a 19' H2O. I can pull up two wakeboarders at once with three more in the boat. (without a tower to boot) I pull up the 2006 Worlds Strongest Man with ease as well and he's 6'6" tall and 375lbs. Boat tops out at 54mph when it hits the rev limiter.

I know this is an older thread but I just wanted to chime in with my $.02 for anyone researching before a purchase. Don't be afraid of the 4.3 carbureted, it is more than enough power for a 19' H2O. I can pull up two wakeboarders at once with three more in the boat. (without a tower to boot) I pull up the 2006 Worlds Strongest Man with ease as well and he's 6'6" tall and 375lbs. Boat tops out at 54mph when it hits the rev limiter.

:boating::boating: Yup and I believe alot cheaper to fix too !

I bought the 19 sport this year with the 4.3l MPI (220hp). Same deal, family of 4, no dogs, have had 6 people on board.

IT'S AWESOME!

If money's not an issue, get the 19 with the bigger engine. You'll regret it if you don't.

I just bought a 2015 19 H2O with the 4.3l 220hp engine. I hope it is delivered by May. I do have some work to do on the boat dock we purchased last fall. Any advice on a particular boating course to take?

I got an 19 sport 2 years ago for a family of 5. Great propulsion, enough space. This is our first boat and we really enjoy it. And we expect to keep it for a long time.

I've water tested both the h20 18 with 3.0 and ended up purchasing 19h2o with 4.3 mpi. The extra foot not only gives little more floor space but handles so much better on the water and is not affected by a little chop. It is slightly heavier and provides a much better ride over the 18.