judsonmillar

210 SSI Decision HELP!

I like pointy bows, so I know which end is the front...

brick

Just my opinion, but I personally found the 214/216 Sunesta models to try and fit too many things in too small a package. Also found the 210 SSi to have superior ride and handling.

I think you have found your boat.

If it's in the budget - fuel included - then go for it. It will be a great boat for sure. As I stated earlier I think the 220hp VP will be enough and with 87 Octane fuel hitting 3.70 a gallon down here (fuel dock will surely be pushing 5.00) I am sure to be wishing for my old fuel stingy 4.3 MPI Merc at some point this summer while I watch the fuel dock pump push the 300 deer mark.....

I've been boat shopping and I think I have possibly settled on an 07 210 SSI with the 5.7 Mech 350 Mag. Cost is about 6k more but comes with a tower.

Some one was recently telling me I should look into the 214 Sunesta with 5.7 cause there's more space. Thoughts?

Here is pic of boat I'm thinking of:

I'm with Brick - I like pointy bows. This is of course, useless info towards your decision.

More to the point, the difficult part about water skiing is "getting up". All things being equal, the amount of time you have a skier in the transition point between in the water and on the water the greater the chance they will not get up. A 2007 210 SSI w/ 350 Mag & tower is an excellent choice for taking a bunch of kids skiing, as it will have room for them and good to excellent out of the hole performance. I don't see how you can go wrong with the 210.

As far as the comparison with the 214 Sunesta, I did a quick google of the interiors and if I have the right images, a clear difference is the 214 Sunesta has a head. Will you use that? I know that for our family, it's a must because we are out all day. If you are on a lake and rarely far from your dock, that may or may not carry the same importance for you.

Another difference appears to be the the 210 has more floor space. This tends to be worth something if you're going to load the boat with people. The reason is that items you need are invariably stored under the seats and a folks need to stand up for access, and next things you know it's a game of twister with unwitting participants. Also, people bring stuff: coolers, bags, etc, and it often ends up on the floor, which lessens the space even further. It's a small distinction, but not insignificant.

I hope this info is helpful in your process.

P.S. I agree with part of what nkdenton was saying in that you'll never cover every need and you can work around the aspects that are less than ideal. As others have said, every boat is a compromise.

Open cockpit floor space was a BIG reason we bought our 220. Like you said, if two people stand up at the same time, your're done. Very frustrating.

DSC_0282.jpg