gl115

Happy easter 2 all

good day for a ham and boat ride. Wife is making german potato salad for somthing diff. this year.

Real breakfast. Easter baskets with goodies for adults also. :)

A 2 family get together with a big ham & Italian goodies.

Life is good. Enjoy.

Rich

Had a great one. Good friends came over with kids our kid's ages. My wife made a feast that included perfect steamed Gulf shrimp while I charcoaled a couple London Broils. When it was all done we took the kids for a river ride. Overall, a perfect Easter day.

fresh florida golf shrimp, your making my mouth water.I head toward clairmont alot, sounds like I need to go soon.

My wife has perfected the art of steaming shrimp. I know a great seafood guy that owns two big shrimp boats, and I buy a lot from him. I went out again today (took the day off work) and went for a ride by myself. Most of the shrimp boats were in for the Easter weekend, so the harbor was very busy.

_DSC8380_zpsf1e8456e.jpg?t=1398114253

The big boat on the left is actually a big off-shore gambling boat.

_DSC8367_zps5a5aca1d.jpg?t=1398114159

I followed the Julie Anne out of the harbor and into the open water. This is one of my favorite shrimp boats. It's the main boat of Rusty Bellies and Pelican Point seafood. Rusty Bellies is probably one of the, if not the, best seafood restaurants you'll ever find. They had the Julie Anne custom built just across the river at a small shipyard right here in Tarpon.

_DSC8363_zps17ef4592.jpg?t=1398114186

Another Tarpon regular...

_DSC8356_zpsad4f7fa2.jpg?t=1398114203

...Love the bow of this boat. Very pretty.

_DSC8377_zps5b8b7fdf.jpg?t=1398114304

Leaving land behind...

_DSC8376_zps8434410b.jpg?t=1398114334

...opean ocean ahead.

Great meal for supper. Left over ham, wild rice, green beans, German Potato Salad :), Cole Slaw & some Longhorn coffee, fresh ground.

Life is very good. :)

This time of year it's the big Reds from the Gulf. Later in the summer it'll be green-tails from the Atlantic side. Julie Anne stays in the Gulf and keeps Rusty Bellies supplied with reds all year round. Bill (my guy) sends his boats around the keys later in the year and ends up in the Atlantic by fall. He's mostly a commercial supplier sending shrimp all up the South Eastern coast, so he follows the biggest catch around the state. He's based out of Tarpon, though, so no matter where his boats dock, he trucks a load back this way. His boats both came in to Tarpon on Friday, unloaded, and left again on Saturday.

I discovered Royal Reds on a trip to the Gulf area with my wife couple of years ago. Wow, they are incredible! Like small lobsters.

That's really the best way to describe them. In fact, I like their flavor better than lobster. I used to think lobster was the king of seafood, but I've changed my mind.

I think we ate our weight in them and crawfish at a laid back place on the causeway near the Alabama. And Yuengling on tap, too! We went back several times. Wish we had Yuengling here . . .

I think we ate our weight in them and crawfish at a laid back place on the causeway near the Alabama. And Yuengling on tap, too! We went back several times. Wish we had Yuengling here . . .

mmm, Yuengling. I think I will go to the fridge and grab a cold one.......sorry man I had to do it.

We had a denaming / renaming on the Saturday before Easter....then enjoyed a crawfish boil with my neighbors on the W-dock who hail from Baton Rouge....awesome...a lot of libations later...made for a tough morning to make it to Church...then back to the boat...all day on the lake...first ride under new name...sunny..temps in the upper 70's. Had to travel so off the lake by 5:30 ... cooked thick burgers...

This weekend forcasted back up to 80's....got grill on order for the new (used) boat...may be a weekend under anchor in a cove!

G