Sign in to follow this  
rbwhiz

Any chappy's in Mid south TN ?

I'll be making some rounds ... Memorial day weekend, will hit Tim's Ford lake and maybe Percy Priest. In July I plan on going towards NW Atlanta for Lake Allatoona and maybe Lake Lanier. Who's around ??

You should try Lake Chickamauga, north of Chattanooga. Larger, cleaner, and better restaurants than Allatoona. You can hang out with 100 other boats in one slough or go to another with no one. You can also lock through the dam and ride to downtown Chattanooga.

Not a fan of Percy Priest, but it isnt bad. Shallow, with channel markers.

I just did Percy Priest last Saturday. I am NOT a fan. lol. Only good thing there is the party cove and Shipwreck Cove was ok too. But a nightmare of a night ended up with the big man upstairs takin care of me on my way in with all the storms around.

Glad you're safe. I was being tactful. Perhaps I should have been more forthright. PP is not the typical TN lake, that's for sure. In lots of places it would prolly be great! TN can spoil you . . .

It has me, that's for sure! Sort of been a let down with the traveling thing so far. Haven't found anything I enjoy as much as Tim's Ford yet. Clean, plenty of coves to get in, plenty big, and only a handful of spots to worry about. Still haven't been on Dale Hollow yet.

Not a fan of Percy Priest, but it isnt bad. Shallow, with channel markers.

Me neither, Futzy, but a HUGE fan of Judas Priest! "Breaking the Law"! :D

I haven't been to Center Hill yet. Is it nice ? I've only been to Tim's Ford, Norris, Normandy, Woods and PP.

Very nice at Center Hill. Only been once for a couple of days some years ago. Loved it. Two or three falls you can visit (or was then).