TexasPilot71

Will Lake Texoma water level ever return?

So I'm fairly new to Lake Texoma and about to buy a boat to use on that lake. We rented a pontoon boat last summer when the lake was at full pool and it was great! I've been watching the water level (http://www.laketexoma.com/level) and reading blogs, Facebook pages, etc. about the low levels, but went out this past weekend and saw with my own two eyes how low it was and it was startling. Has it ever been this low? How long does everybody think it will take to get back to full pool? I know answering that question may take a crystal ball, but what feeds the lake and where does the rain need to fall to get it back to full pool?

I am sure that you will get lots of replies from Texas boaters on the need for rain to fill lakes.

I suggest that you buy a good trailer with the new boat and be prepared to travel north to OK, AR or MO for decent boating.

The water level is full pool at Table Rock Lake in southwest MO. Good luck. ScottC

The red river feeds it. Water shed is to the NorthWest. We're in a 4+ year drought. Many lakes off of the Brasos & Colorado are also extremely low. We need some good soakings here in Texas!

I have seen it go from very low to so high you couldn't get under the Willis Bridge within just a few days. All it takes is a really good rain event in southern Oklahoma.

Praying for rain! It's pretty sad looking right now and slips are suffering. Should be closing on my boat this week, but slips have very little water.