Sign in to follow this  
aflink93

2007 Chaparral Ssi 204 won't start

My boat was pulled out of storage and covered in condensation. I have a good battery and good connection. I have power to all the accessories and trim but receive no crank not even clicking when I turn the key and no movement of the gauges. Does anyone have any suggestions or a similar issue?

I think on my 2008 there is a circuit breaker on the engine near the carb, maybe look at that. Also I think there is a circuit breaker panel in the bilge on the battery side might check there as well.

Agree with the loose wire statement. I had a issue at one time where my ground to the battery wasn't connected tightly. Sometimes it would start others it would do nothing, no clicking nothing.

This could be very bad because, how i figured it out was I had the hatch open when trying to start, when I turned the key it arced on the negative terminal and created a spark. Which of course could spell disaster. This though did tell me the problem, I tightend the connection and it was fine.

Sometimes disconnecting all the wires, cleaning them (which is good to do anyway), then taking 20 min to organize the wires and ensure they are all connected and connected properly may do it.

Good luck, but bad connection or loose wire would be my guess also.

That fuse on the motor could be it also, so ensure that hasn't popped, if it has there is a reason so be sure to check all your connections.

Purchase a 12V test light for a buck. Check the fuses at the Battery switch location.

Start at the engine and see if you have power at the starter if you get a light then move the test light to the breaker on top of the engine. If you have a light on both terminals then go to the dash, if not then reset the red button. Then go to the dash and test the Ignition switch "B". Etc. I've skipped a some steps but I want you to get the point. Follow the power.

No crank can be the shift interlock but with no gauges powered means you have lost the +12V.to the dash. The Gauges are powered from the engine harness, so check the engine harness connection at the motor. Unplug and plug may reconnect if bad.

Circuit breaker, ignition switch, starter, etc, etc, Could be anything! Do you get power to anything? Bilge pump, radio, blower?