Sign in to follow this  
mshaefer

What goes into YOUR "boat box"?

I was reading some posts the other day trying to get advice on this and that regarding maintenance and upkeep, and I kept finding mentions of peoples' 'boat boxes". You know, that box of things you collect onboard after one project or another.

I came to understand that most peoples' "boat boxes" are the result of many many seasons of maintenance, upkeep, transporting, cleaning, and repairing usually more than one boat over the years.

So, from a veteran to a relative newbie, tell: What goes into your boat box? What stuff do you keep on board that you would never pull the trailer out of the driveway without, or that you would never leave the dock without? What fluids, cleaners, tools, even toys!?

Duct tape, zip ties, tool set, spare fluids, battery jumper box, etc. etc. I try to anticipate anything that could go wrong that is fixable on the water and be prepared. Used to carry a spare prop until I got the Bravo III. Not practical. And best of all, my TOW BOAT US card!!

Besides the regular tools both standard and metric. #1 thing is a spare impellors. That is the only thing that I could probably repair out in the field. Everything else, if it breaks, I probably won't have the parts for.

Depends on the size of your boat, and the water (lake, bay, gulf, ocean). Don't want to fill up your boat with a mini mechanics shop and not have room for toys and maybe even a beer or two.