Key Colony Beach in the Florida Keys?

We're considering a vacation to the Middle Keys, and have found several condos on Key Colony Beach that look nice. The trouble is, I want to bring the boat, and it doesn't seem that any of the properties can accommmodate the boat/trailer in the parking lot. There's a municipal ramp with daily trailer storage right there on the island, but I'm at a loss for what to do with the boat the rest of the time.

Has anyone taken the boat to the Middle Keys, and have any good advice for nice condos with boat launch/storage/slips nearby?

Thanks very much!

I've gone down for lobster season Marathon area for many years.. I wound up renting a boat vs. bring my own when down there.. It was just so much easier vs. the worry and hastle of caring for my own boat for a week, trailering, flushing, securing it overnight each night, etc. we rented a house and the boat rental place delivered the boat to our dock and picked it up a week later when we left.. I know this isn't much help for bringing your own boat with you.. Just sharing my experiences. If I were to head back down again I wouldn't hesitate to rent again.. Not having to stress over the care of my baby for the week was well worth the expense..

Keys are our playground. We have stayed at the Key Colony some years back without a boat. great restaurant/bar on highway entrance. kids can watch parrot fish etc come right up to the dock. We have used the Public ramp but kept our boat on a trailer one time and put it in. We rented 1/2 of a duplex,another time on a canal and had the boat at the back door.

We used American Caribbean . I don't know if they are still in business. email. Floridakeysrentals@msn.com. Diane Schaffer. This is another way to go. Boatels (duplex apts) with individual boat dockage and easy access to Ocean or Gulf. PM me for more.

Thanks for the replies and thoughts. I'm starting to think along the lines of OldChap. Having said that, I've found a yard on Marathon that has a ramp where I could store the boat inside a fenced yard and launch at his ramp when I want it. It's not ideal, but seems like it might work okay, as long as his yard is secure. I don't want my boat and trailer sitting out for the pickings when we're down in Key West for the day. There are actually some decent looking rental boats available, at much better prices than I see rentals here in Tarpon.

I was planning on putting some money into a brake job and tires for my trailer, which hardly gets used, but maybe it'll be simpler to just put it toward a rental and leave the trailer in storage.

Brick, it's beautiful in the Keys. I'll post some pictures, for sure.