wake my day

Black Shock Cord

One more question, how do you remove the stay put fasteners on the rear edge of the boat canvas cover? One of my shock cords is broken and I need to replace it.

Thanks

rob

Don't know if there is a better way ...

I had to drill thru the stem to weaken it before puling the top and bottom apart.

Then used a rubber hammer to lock tight the new stayput fastener.

So in your opinion there is no way to take apart the fitting, replace the cord and snap it back together??

In my experience, I could not take it apart without damaging the fastener. There is a small opening in the top part, so there could be some tool to push the stem out but I am not aware of it. Judging by the pounding needed to snap the parts together tight, the pulling apart would require a lot of force ... more than the plastic stem can take. In my opinion, you can close/use them only once. The internal grooves and ribs will be stripped even if you could take it apart ... see the detail below.

stayput%20loop%20whte%202.jpg

In my experience, I could not take it apart without damaging the fastener. There is a small opening in the top part, so there could be some tool to push the stem out but I am not aware of it. Judging by the pounding needed to snap the parts together tight, the pulling apart would require a lot of force ... more than the plastic stem can take. In my opinion, you can close/use them only once. The internal grooves and ribs will be stripped even if you could take it apart ... see the detail below.

stayput%20loop%20whte%202.jpg

Agree w/Richard. I just replaced all of mine. I had to pry them apart and most were not re-useable. I bought mine on eBay for 2.12 deer = 3 deer shipping. Just do a search for Stay-put shock cord.