Chap442

Its Memorial Day - Take time to give thanks

Today is an important day- many have fought , some given their lives so we can live in this country free. Never forget them. Fly your flag, say thank you to a vet, attend a memorial service- share with your family- Post on this thread- whatever you do- do something that expresses your gratitude today.

From a Marine Family

Semper Fi

When and where I grew up, everyone and I mean everyone proudly flew the American flag on holidays like today to honor our dead. I went and hung our flags this morning and looked down my street and around the neighborhood as I always do. :(:( :(

We hung our flag Friday-sad to say it is the only one I see on my street. So sad. Our country made a huge mistake when we did away with the draft. I now believe every young adult should give a year or two to the military or in volunteer service to our country. Patriotism is no longer taught in our schools-

As I drove up to church yesterday I was greeted my a multiple American flags- Many have given their lives for that flag. Today I honor my Dad, my Father in law who are no longer with us but both served in harm's way . My Dad is buried in the National Cemetery

Semper Fi Dad

post-433-0-33080100-1401106700_thumb.jpg

We fly our flag proudly. Thanks to all the service men and women that make it possible for me to do so.

Thank you to all that have served, and to the families that missed their loved ones while away - some that never returned.

I agree with Chap442, sad that most do not fly their flags - maybe don't even own one! We fly our's every day at home, except for St. Patrick's Day when the Irish flag comes out. Have one as a vinyl decal on our stern, and a separate flag on a mast on the bow rail.

Many thanks to our current, past and future servicemen and women, including their families and friends. Let us never take for granted your sacrifices for our nation's (and others) freedom.

Special thanks to Dad, Army: Uncle Joe, Army; Uncle Jake, Air Force; Chappy, Army; Aaron, Navy; Art, Army; Allen, Army; George, Army.

Check out this link to Ron White, an Afghanistan veteran who has memorized every soldier's name and rank killed in Afghanistan, He travels around the country and writes every soldier's name from memory on portable wall panels.It takes him 11 hours every stop.

http://www.supportthewall.com/

" FREEDOM IS NOT FREE"

Just got back from the parade, to all still out there GOD BLESS YOU, Phil and all the nam vets if your still reading this I salute you, to all you world owes me dead beats, yours is coming.

Proud to have served US NAVY

From all of you who haven't served, thank you for the nice words, from all of you who have, thanks for your service. I've had the pleasure of almost 10 years in the service both as a RA E5 and AR O3, 1969 to 1979. I know I'm off topic for this part of the forum, just wanted to say thanks.

Amen, and add my thanks to all who have served and continue to serve to protect our way of life. Living in San Diego, we're reminded all the time. But always a good idea to take a minute to thank a serviceman or veteran - they deserve more gratitude than they get (IMO).

Ben

Thanks to everyone that served. Make it a point to thank soldiers everytime you see them and never forget that they are the reason we live where we live.... IN FREEDOM!!!

Saul ;)

As a retired USAF SrNCO, it is heart warming to know that so many boaters actually "get the meaning" of the holiday and always take the time to day thanks. I fly the American Flag at the house year round, as well as on the boat. To all who have and continue to serve -- Thank you, stay safe, and know that it makes a difference