boat will not crank

On the lake several hours yesterday, we stopped for 10 minutes to take a break, the boat would not restart. Battery checks out good. I turn the key, the warning beeps, but nothing. Kill switch gone bad? Other suggestions? Thanks in advance.

You won't get the 3 beeps before start with a bad kill switch.. Do you have single or dual batts? If single my guess is bad battery.. You will still have power but not enough to engage starter.. How does the battery "check out good".? Via load test?

jump can be tricky.. do you have heavy duty jump cables? standard emergency cables typically won't pass enough amps to crank a big V8. although can be many things I would elminate the battery from the mix by either swapping the car battery (if its got enough CCA to start your motor) or simply taking the battery in for a load test. A cell can go bad in a battery in a moments notice and although you still have 12v on the tester you don't have enough amps getting to the starter.

did you check the starter, with the three beeps can u hear the fuel pump run, I also agree 12 volts means nothing, jumping it from the car should work, did u check the fuse/breaker at the starter also?