500whp335i

Dead 2013 246

I think you'll be back on the water faster if you trailer it to them. All their resources are at the shop. Parts, tools, manuals, computers, and more than one tech to look it over. Might be a hassle for you but hey you bought a boat to spend time on the water not waiting for a service guy to make multiple trips to your boat trying to fix it.

In any event I'm sure your warranty states what your responsibilities are in regards to transporting the boat for warranty service.

Very true but its the fact that its a brand new boat they should at least come down and try and fix it. But the owner is coming down tomorrow and hes going to take a look at it. hopefully he finds something.

If it's under warranty call the regional manager (ask your salesman for his info. that will get his attention).. they should be coming to you ASAP to fix the problems.

Got his number ready!!

I had a similar problem with may boat last year . Look under the dash look for a black rectangle shaped relay about inch square maybe two to three inches long grasp the relay in one hand and then grasp the the plug the relay plugs into with your other hand and fully seat the relay into the plug . This happened to me the second time I put my new 216 in the river. The owner of my dealership came to the boat ramp and helped me get it going

I think its the connector you were referring to! Ill grab a pic this weekend!

Good News!! My girlfriends brother who is a mechanical engineer and avid boater was curios and wanted to take a look. He went down to the marina and checked all the basics (fuses,breakers, and relays) like i did and everything checked out OK. He went under the dash and checked the connectors like i did but he cut the zip ties to get a better look and noticed above where the wires were bunched up was a connector that was slightly cocked. He took it off and then put it back together and heard it click and fully seat. He checked the ignition and sure as @#$%@# got the 3 beeps and the fuel pump primed; Started right up!! He said the connector most likely wasnt fully seated from the factory- he said it pulled right apart and once he put it together and it clicked he was unable to pull it apart. I will be down at the boat this weekend and he said he will show me which one it was. I will take a picture and post it.

He said it made sense that it was that connector, he said since most functions worked when you turned the key it had to be it, since the connector was not fully seated what ever pins werent making contact werent getting the feed they needed.

True it is great! but after playing with the ignition switch some more it appears the switch or connector is broken. He said if you jiggle the wires the same issue flares back up. So the owner is bringing a new ignition switch tomorrow and we will try that.

Always good to have a mechanical engineer in the family ;)

Haha right, now it's time to find out if it's a faulty switch or connector..

If I wiggled the gray connector on the ignition switch the problem would come back. The owner of the dealership came

and replaced the ignition switch. He said its working now. I'm going to go tomorrow and wiggle the wires to make sure the problem was on the ignition side of the connector vs the problem being on the gray connector side.

B265D4E0-F5EA-4EBC-947A-738261644878_zps

Very interested in outcome as well. Let me know if you have any other issues, in particular, fuel descender. My boat is going to the shop again this weekend to repair #2 fuel issue. My boat is in great running order, however the computer thinks its out of gas! Good luck.

Very interested in outcome as well. Let me know if you have any other issues, in particular, fuel descender. My boat is going to the shop again this weekend to repair #2 fuel issue. My boat is in great running order, however the computer thinks its out of gas! Good luck.

Will do!! Good Luck to you as well!!