500whp335i

Dead 2013 246

So I have 13 hours on my new 2013 246SSi. Zero issues so far. Cruising to our local hangout at about 3500 rpms when the boat just died in the water. Music still playing, zero alarms. Tried to restart and nothing. Cycled the battery switch and checked all fuses and lanyard. Everything seemed to be fine. When I would try and start the boat there was no beeps when i turned the key and the fuel pump did not kick on. The fuel gauge is reading empty (has 3/4 tank). Calling the dealer tmrw, anyone have any ideas?

I had a broken safety lanyard with the last boat, that decided to still hang on. I replaced what I thought was a faulty battery (which I'd check first, if I were you - free at Walmart) and had all the wiring checked, before I spent the 10 bucks to get the safety lanyard replacement.

I had a broken safety lanyard with the last boat, that decided to still hang on. I replaced what I thought was a faulty battery (which I'd check first, if I were you - free at Walmart) and had all the wiring checked, before I spent the 10 bucks to get the safety lanyard replacement.

Batteries are both good, seems like a fuel issue- since the fuel pump doesn't prime when I turn the key and the gas gauge stays at empty

does the running lights work and the radio still? almost sounds like the ignition switch broke or the cannon plug came loose, safety lanyard won't usually kill the gauges, but might be a bad breaker,

all this great Chinese crap sometimes don't last long. new boat definitely a dealer problem.

does the running lights work and the radio still? almost sounds like the ignition switch broke or the cannon plug came loose, safety lanyard won't usually kill the gauges, but might be a bad breaker,

all this great Chinese crap sometimes don't last long. new boat definitely a dealer problem.

Yes gauges still do their sweep and radio works. Fuel gauge reads empty though- it had %70 fuel when I left my lift.. I can crank the engine over once, after that the engine will not turn over until I turn the battery switch on/ off.

Fusses are good (ones above the engine) swapped over the relays in the fuse compartment and still nothing. Safety lanyard is securely attached- switch itself could be bad.

Waiting to hear the outcome of this issue. We just hit 14 hours on ours.

It's nuts, on Mother's Day I was 13 miles off shore! Good thing I was 1 mile up river.

You can order original service manuals on the VP site from you engine page. It takes some time for the fulfillment ... slow service. There are third party manuals. Not sure how good they are. Just do a search on google.

I am also very interested in the outcome......my 2012 246 has 13 hours on it as well, also a Volvo.....now you got me worried.

#%^$&%$ dealership is giving me a hard time about coming to my marina to trouble shoot it. They want me to tow my boat to a boat ramp and trailer it to them. Am I wrong to want them to come to me? I mean the boat only has 13 freakin hours on it..

I had a similar problem with may boat last year . Look under the dash look for a black rectangle shaped relay about inch square maybe two to three inches long grasp the relay in one hand and then grasp the the plug the relay plugs into with your other hand and fully seat the relay into the plug . This happened to me the second time I put my new 216 in the river. The owner of my dealership came to the boat ramp and helped me get it going

#%^$&%$ dealership is giving me a hard time about coming to my marina to trouble shoot it. They want me to tow my boat to a boat ramp and trailer it to them. Am I wrong to want them to come to me? I mean the boat only has 13 freakin hours on it..

most dealers are like that, its the beauty of buying a new boat , its called a punch list, seems its up to the dealer to fix all the crap the factory missed.

They probably will be willing to come to you but they'll probably want to bill travel time both ways as well. If you're willing to do that (seems reasonable to me) then maybe offer it to them...but I'd only pay for ONE tech....

I had a similar problem with may boat last year . Look under the dash look for a black rectangle shaped relay about inch square maybe two to three inches long grasp the relay in one hand and then grasp the the plug the relay plugs into with your other hand and fully seat the relay into the plug . This happened to me the second time I put my new 216 in the river. The owner of my dealership came to the boat ramp and helped me get it going

if i get a chance tomorrow i will swing down to the marina!

If it's under warranty call the regional manager (ask your salesman for his info. that will get his attention).. they should be coming to you ASAP to fix the problems.

I think you'll be back on the water faster if you trailer it to them. All their resources are at the shop. Parts, tools, manuals, computers, and more than one tech to look it over. Might be a hassle for you but hey you bought a boat to spend time on the water not waiting for a service guy to make multiple trips to your boat trying to fix it.

In any event I'm sure your warranty states what your responsibilities are in regards to transporting the boat for warranty service.