John Schneider

Replacement Part - What Is This?

Went to pull the boat out of the garage on Saturday, and the rear sundeck/engine cover was open. Heard something that didn't sound right and hit the brakes. I caught a beam and it went back too far and broke one of these and warped the other one:

photo1.jpg

These are located on each side of the sundeck, towards the stern, allowing it to swivel when you lift up the front.

What he heck is the name of this part? I've been doing searches for swivel, swivel hinge, deck pivot and everything else I can think of, but can't find it. Been to about every marine parts site on the web, and still nothing.

Any idea if this was something Chaparral fabricated in-house? If so, I've got a bad feeling that this part would no longer be available. If that is the case, do I have any other options?

I'm going to try calling Chaparral in the morning, but may end up having to call my not-so-local dealer.

Still can't believe I did something this dumb. Sunday was the 20th anniversary of taking delivery on the boat, and its held up very well.

Wow, that was quick! Thanks for the info. Now that I know what to call it, I can call the dealer and see if they can get it.

Don't we have a couple of folks on this board that work for Chaparral dealers? If so, please let me know if you can get two of these, and the price. Reply here or PM me please.

Thanks again dn!!!!!

Hey no problem glad I could help. I believe the user 'NJ Chaparral Dealer' is a representive from Cecil and is pretty active on the forums.

BTW, my local dealer (Atlanta Marine) had Chaparral drop ship two hinges to me. They were about half the deer of the site above. I was very pleasantly surprised that Chap still had them in stock!

Any chance anyone here can still find those hinges 6 years later? Had one break on me today and Im sure the second ones not too far behind.

1995 2330 ss Chaparral