She came in last Wednesday and my dealer, Dinbokowitz did a a great job of getting her ready for the holiday weekend. I want to thank Bill and all of his siblings as it seems that every family member was involved with helping me with one thing or another; finance, rigging, equipment, etc. I'd highly recommend Dinbokowitz to anyone looking for a boat. :D

Her is a pic. I'll get more this weekend.

photo11_zpscb87e89e.jpg

Thanks to all for the compliments.

can't wait to hear how she runs with the V8-430!

I'm still breaking her in so I have very limited spurts above 3/4 throttle and I'm learning how she runs best with trim angle / rpm combinations. This weekend I will be over 10 hours and can get some numbers.

Thanks to all for the compliments.

I'm still breaking her in so I have very limited spurts above 3/4 throttle and I'm learning how she runs best with trim angle / rpm combinations. This weekend I will be over 10 hours and can get some numbers.

Also interested in your observations from this new engine. I'm very intrigued by it. I'm a big block fan but I really like the weight savings from this small block with the same horsepower.

Beautiful boat there, I almost went with the SSX model myself.

Question, you are able to order it with the HO 430 HP engine? I wasn't able to do so with my 264.

Yes I was able to order it with the V8-430 and glad I did - see another post coming soon. Although every dealer I spoke to at boat shows and in my travels pretty much tried to talk me into the V8-380. I do know the 257 is rated for 430 HP and was sold in 2013 with a Merc w/ 430 HP 8.2. I don't know if mine is the 1st 257 with a V8-430 or not, but back in October of 2013 I was told that by a dealer (who I did not purchase from) and that Chap needed to do additional process & paperwork since it would be the first combo of boat & engine and that was a hurdle. Who knows if that's real, but the combo is rare that's for sure.

Be warned though, it is a proportionally significant chunk of dear to get the V8-430 (or perhaps disproportionate depending on how you look at it), but buying what I really wanted and keeping it for 16 years worked for me last time, so off I went.

Niceā€¦back in October of 13' when I ordered my 264, the 8.2 / 380 HP was the largest engine I could order. Wanted the HO 425, but Chaparral said no. I'd even go with the 525 if they let me!

Was really disappointed when I go to this years's 2014 Chap web site to find the 264 Extreme offering the HO. Maybe I can modify after warranty is over...

I am the proud owner of a 2014 257 SSX. This is my second Chaparral and I think that the boat is great. Unfortunately the chart plotter and fish/depth finder can not be seen when driving the boat while standing as it is covered by dashboard hood extension.

Does anyone have a suggestion to this problem which could be a potential safety issue. I don't think that it is really safe to drive the boat without knowledge of the water depth.