jdockhorn

1997 2335ss limited

New owner. I just installed battery, and with ignition off radio (am/fm) comes on and bilge, blower horn etc are all active. shouldn't this be like a car no power till you turn ignition on?

All these come on so that you can use them while not motoring. They are all on switches though, correct?

1. Radio is able to operate so while you relaxing on the water you can listen to some tunes.
  2. Bilge comes on so that you can flip the switch manually to empty any water from the bilge. It should also come on with the automatic float as well. Test this by lifting the float in the bilge and see if the bilge comes on. In case you generate a leak of some kind. Or excess water from getting in and out of the water and it drains to the bilge area.
  3. Blower comes on so you can turn it on for a few minutes before starting your boat.
  4. Horn should operate in case you need to just use it while while a float.

Welcome to the club. Post us some pics when you have a chance.

Yup. That's what it should be. Would be an issue if those items were not always powered. Boats with rear trim button and merccathode system are also always hot.

Enjoy your new boat.

brick

ok, so what I do not understand is that while trailered in my driveway, everything is active. are you suppose to disconnect battery while not in use.?

The battery on-off switch shuts down the main power, except to essential items listed. Boat will not start with battery switch set to "off".

brick

Those items will not draw significant power unless you leave them turned on of course.