SS Minnow

Just scored this one owner 1989 2100 SX Sport….

New to the forum, so hello to y'all from Oklahoma.

We recently purchased this boat from the original owners on May 29th of this year. It was advertised for sale in our local Craigslist and I was fortunate enough to catch it 15 minutes after it was listed. The gentleman was willing to give me first viewing and test ride the next morning as I was first to call. They bought the boat new in 1989 and have had it dry docked with both factory bow and cockpit hovers on it as well as the custom made canvas mooring cover on it. Original interior with the exception of the center cushion on the back bench which had to be recovered after it decided to jump out of the boat on them during a relocation trip. The gel coat is near perfect so we had it polished this week to remove some minor oxidation on the lower haul. I had the shop remove the striping as it was starting to edge peel from age. The older couple I bought it from finally decided to purchase a new pontoon as the kids had all left and married, and that triggered the sale. They no doubt loved this boat and took flawless care of it and we plan to do the same.

If you notice, the drivers seat is higher than the passenger seat…the owner was like 5'5 and he said he purchased the taller base from the dealer a week after he bought the boat so he could see out. LOL. Also, they enjoyed their cocktails as I found that they had custom fitted koozies to the under side of the dash cup holders.

Included with the sale was the original trailer with recent tires, both original snap in covers, canvas mooring cover custom made to match the boat and a white bimini.

I'll post additional photos when I pick it up from the detail shop in the next day or so.

b0dbf9d9-0a57-4b54-b395-c6b669c19c6b_zps9e2e5227-6608-45fb-a116-93378aa1d2f1_zps

Welcome to the vintage side of this fantastic club. If there is anything you need to know, someone here has the answers or will help you find them. Denny.

AlohaPicture_zpse683a3e7.jpg

I couldn't believe what the couple listed it for on Craigslist and figured once I saw it, it would all make sense. After going through it and lake testing it, I paid their asking price without batting an eye. $3400

Awesome and rare find. Looks like one that'll be great to have out. Gorgeous ride.

Awesome and rare find. Looks like one that'll be great to have out. Gorgeous ride.

thanks rb. Its been a lot of fun so far. We've had it our 3 times so far. Trying to go today, but rain is lingering around. My 6 and 7 year old boys like it because the swim platform sits a couple inches off the water and its east to get in/out of. Now to replace the factory cassette player with a MP3/SAT setup for Mamma and I.

You have a great looking boat as well. That acceleration is nuts. LOL.

She is definitely a keeper. It's nice to get something used that the person had a love affair with, I hope it continues on with you and your family. May you always have good water. Denny.

IMG_3263_zps7a0152f7.jpg

thanks rb. Its been a lot of fun so far. We've had it our 3 times so far. Trying to go today, but rain is lingering around. My 6 and 7 year old boys like it because the swim platform sits a couple inches off the water and its east to get in/out of. Now to replace the factory cassette player with a MP3/SAT setup for Mamma and I.

You have a great looking boat as well. That acceleration is nuts. LOL.

Still has the cassette in it?? lol. I just replaced the radio in mine as well. Very happy with the new tunes.

She is definitely a keeper. It's nice to get something used that the person had a love affair with, I hope it continues on with you and your family. May you always have good water. Denny.

IMG_3263_zps7a0152f7.jpg

Thank you Denny. My wife loves your boat. You win must unique original craft award for sure. Very nice.

Still has the cassette in it?? lol. I just replaced the radio in mine as well. Very happy with the new tunes.

Yep, funny huh. It still works as he accidentally left a old custom romance cassette in it. LOL. What setup did you go with rb?

I'm from a small town... and I knew that the local radio/acc place had been sitting on a Sony Marine radio for quite a while... was able to get it for $10 over his cost so he could get rid of it. So I went with it. Has aux and usb. Doesn't have SAT but I can deal with that for 120 deer . ;) . Might go back and get the speakers.. but mine are doing good so far.

Dual prop outdrive? Is that an OMC?

Its a Volvo Penta AQ231A (305 V8) 230HP w/Volvo Penta Duo Prop outdrive. The props spin opposite directions.

Congrats! :clapsmiley: Looks like you found a gem. That is a VP 290 Dp outdrive, practically bullit proof. IMO better than the new ones. Kinda like the old Chevy Turbo 350 transmision would last forever but GM decided to replace it anyway with hi tech crap. :boating:

Congrats! :clapsmiley: Looks like you found a gem. That is a VP 290 Dp outdrive, practically bullit proof. IMO better than the new ones. Kinda like the old Chevy Turbo 350 transmision would last forever. :boating:

Thanks man. I didn't know anything about that outdrive. The previous owner went to the dealer in hopes of finding a 5.7 Mercrusier and they only had the 5.0 duo prop boat available for test drive. He said the selling factors for him was the handling and time to plane.

Great find! Welcome!

brick

Thanks Brick. I'm not much of a do it yourselfer so I appreciate the helpful tips you guys provide on here.

Love the color scheme.

Thanks MontreAl. The colors change based on the lighting, It looked dark green in the Craigslist ad since it was under a covered lift in his pics, so I jumped online and found the color options for it.

Congrats, it looks to be in excellent condition. Welcome to the group.

Thanks mrvideo. It is in good shape. Oddly, I find myself really excited about making improvements to it over time.

WOW! NICE!!! I have the same hull, same year same color but not the "Sport" seating, and I have the Alpha outdrive (single prop Mercury). That is an amazing find. I got mine from an original owner too, great condition, but not quite as good as yours. I repaired minor seat tears and had to spend money right away on minor maintenance issues, and felt great about it..... until I saw your deal! That boat is really sweet. Congrats