SS Minnow

Just scored this one owner 1989 2100 SX Sport….

Nice boat! My dad had an 89' 2100sx that was red and beige and had back to back seating. It had an alpha one drive too. We loved the boat. He had it from 89-04 down in Florida.

WOW! NICE!!! I have the same hull, same year same color but not the "Sport" seating, and I have the Alpha outdrive (single prop Mercury). That is an amazing find. I got mine from an original owner too, great condition, but not quite as good as yours. I repaired minor seat tears and had to spend money right away on minor maintenance issues, and felt great about it..... until I saw your deal! That boat is really sweet. Congrats

Thanks renegade…we definitely got lucky. Ive added a new sound system and had the fuel pump replaced and thats all we have done to it. I love your upholstery!

Nice boat! My dad had an 89' 2100sx that was red and beige and had back to back seating. It had an alpha one drive too. We loved the boat. He had it from 89-04 down in Florida.

Congrats drew on ur new boat purchase and thanks for the compliment.

How did you find that....looks like one.of those barn finds, awesome!

I was searching on CL and caught the listing 16 minutes after it was posted and took cash as soon as the owner would let me. It was listed as a 1-owner dry docked and covered for $3400, so i figured it would be a steal, or in need of major work due to the price.

Great Looking Boat!! Congrats...enjoy the rest of your summer.

Thanks 235 you have a great looking boat too!

That is one sharp looking boat. Congrats on finding an awesome deal!

Thanks turbine….we have enjoyed it a bunch.

Very nice looking rig! Classic style. Clean lines. Well built. You will have fun with it.

Thanks cpm…awesome pic of yours btw. So far so good.

Get us more pictures if you can Minnow! We're all really interested. :popcorn: That is one sexy boat. I loved the three tone gelcoat of that vintage. That was before the days of stick on graphics and stripes! :slap: The gelcoat held up much better and was always a compound away from being glossy and vibrant.

drew…the boat was covered in stripes when I got it, and they where cracking and peeling. I had a detail shop remove them and then re-polish the boat. It looks much cleaner and a little more updated without them IMO.

ChappyDetail5_zpsfbd7d7f9.jpgBoatNoStripe1_zpsef724052.jpg

Interesting...well at least you have two gel coat colors. My boat has the teal gel coat and then gold decals which are beginning to peel. I don't remember our 2100sx having stripes, but maybe it did. Anyways awesome boat and thanks for sharing! The sx and Ss line were very modern and sporty for the day so our boats are still awesome 20+ years later!

Beautiful boat in great shape. My first boat was a turd you couldn't polish. It had been very much abused and when the PO didn't winterize it, I got it cheap in 1991. Since it was already dinged up, it was a great boat for me to learn on. I gave it to a friend when I bought the new chap in 2008.

1987 Bayliner 2152 Capri Cuddy

Wow!!! I need to find a gem like this! Great looking boat! Now if it only had a Merc, I'd have been on it too.... like a cat on hot....., well, you know.

This is sort of where I was coming from when I suggested the sx line in your thread. These are amazing boats and look great. The DP-290 is a great drive too!