rbwhiz

Patoka Lake, IN

was pretty good.. not great. Shallow lake... about the deepest I saw was about 40 ft. More of a fishing lake .... had one big spot of open water... a lot of trees in what coves it had. But it's a lake to get out on ;)

IMAG0213_zpsc5d027f0.jpg

I've boated on it a few times; made the trip to meet my sister's family there when they had a pontoon. It is indeed primarily a fishing lake. Wouldn't be a destination for me. I have a buddy that goes there to camp and play disc golf. He doesn't boat.

Hope you didn't make the trip up from TN just for Patoka . . .

Hope you didn't make the trip up from TN just for Patoka . . .

Yeah here in Indiana we drive down to YOU (KY and TN) for good boating...

DSC_0044_zps5ad3a54f.jpg

My boat is bit to small for the "big lake"...

I do really like South Haven

DSC_0591.jpg

+1 to that. It would be so much fun to take the boat up there but I'd be so nervous the whole time!

yeah in the picture above the water was flat as glass 2hrs before... :o this old dog knows when to stay on the porch.

Maybe because I've spent my life up here but simply looking at wind and wave forecasts are really what you need to to. If winds are southerly any boat is fine. Your picture is a rough day that any sized boat would not have fun on. The dunes and the harbors are great weekends to spend walking around the towns and cruising the shoreline looking at the incredible views of cottages and mansions. Water is clear and there are boating only beaches as well.

Hey guys... I forgot I put this here LOL . I'm actually working in Louisville and staying in Clarksville, IN. So Patoka was just a close by lake. Went to Taylorsville lake last weekend. Liked it better even tho it was quite smaller and busier. Might do Rough River lake this weekend. And my little 18.5 footer won't be goin anywhere near that big lake ;) lol

Lake Cumberland is top notch! Might wannaake the 3 hr trip from Louisville.

Or drive 1hr further south to Dale Hollow for an even better lake (thats not surrounded by DRY counties.....)

:beer-7687-1:

I will be there with some friends end of the month. We take his 2006 220SSi as he is a non-drinker and as such the DD.

DSC_0192.jpg

LOL! ... I don't drink either. I'm hitting Rough River Lake either next weekend or the one after. You'll have to let me know when ya gonna be there. Maybe we can meet up.

Be careful at Rough. Gets narrow in places and not everyone can be counted on to drive on the right side (watch going around corners).

yeah.. had people tryin to talk me out of it today.... saying Nolin or Barren instead.

Roger, Roger. I'm here till the middle of August.. but taking the boat back the weekend of the 26/27th of June. thinking I'm gonna stop by Norris or Dale Hollow on my way.

We have clearance, Clarence :D and I'm gonna do either Nolin or Barren this or next weekend... not sure which.