gwscot2

New to the Chaparral Family

I decided to retire my 1984 Sea Ray 20ft open bow and get something a little newer. I found a 2000 Chaparral 230 SSI and pulled the trigger last week. I've had her on the water twice since then and can not be happier with my purchase. I don't know if I will ever own a boat that doesn't have Chaparral on the side.

post-41647-0-79448600-1402491468_thumb.p

Congrats and nice Boat!

I also retired an 1987 Sea Ray 20ft open bow for a Chap.

Where do you boat OH River, Cumberland, Norris?

Mainly I'm on Cumberland but I visit Lake Barkley and Norris every once in a while.

Not bad. my parents just bought a place right before Woodson Bend (Woodson Cove), so I rented storage right by Burnside for the year.

I'm not sure if you were on Cumberland for Memorial or not but I went down again last week and it's much cleaner. Still some pretty good sized trees floating just on/below the surface but no where near Memorial weekend. It's weird finding coves now with the water up for the first time in ~7 years. I got used to all the shore line!

It really weird seeing the water back to normal, my grandfather was a founder/owner of Burnside Marina and Beaver Creek so I've been going to Cumberland forever. i almost forgot what It looked like at the original summer pool.

I was on the water last week and its amazing how much difference a week or two makes in terms of debris in the water. It will be interesting to see once we get a lot of rain and the water level increases how much debris will be knocked lose from the shore.

CONGRATS and wise choice. You and I have the sports cars of the water ways. Great choice and enjoy your summer!

VERY NICE!!! I'm working in Lousiville right now for a few weeks. Tried out Patoka Lake last weekend, but don't think I'll go back... Norris is def better.. haven't done Cumberland yet.

Greetings from Lex . . .

Congrats and welcome to the forum. Nice boat. Nice to have a boat that handles the rougher stuff, huh?

My friend has the same boat, year, & same color and loves it. It's been reliable and enjoyable the entire time. Best of luck to you.

Hey rbwhiz, try Taylorsville Lake while you're in L'ville. Not bad and about an hour away. Might see my BiL in a yellow Chap Sunesta 223 and/or my sister and her husband in their new-to-them blue Bryant 214.

Welcome and nice boat. In my opinion, the Chaps of 2000 were better boats than the Chaps of today. The 230 SSI has a great hull design. Takes big water VERY well. Good luck!

Welcome! Feel free to drop me a line next time you're in the Norris area...maybe we can hook up.