DCBiker97

Stereo issue on 327

So have this issue that started. With our wet sounds speakers/clarion head unit. Haven't had any problems up to this point, sound quality had been amazing, tunes are a big part of our atmosphere while out on the water. But recently encountered an issue that I am frankly stumped on. Seems to be some sort of feedback or static on the right channel side of things. As you turn the volume up, the static (for lack of better description) gets worse, almost like distortion. I pulled every speaker and made sure all connections were tight and didn't notice any grounding wires, that might cause a short. Then I pulled the whole head hint out and verified all the harness cables are connected and tightly secured. So any other thoughts would be appreciated, before I turn to finding a marine stereo expert. Definitely want to have things working perfectly before the upcoming 4th of July bash. Thanks - Steve

Take the right channels and plug them into the left...if the distortion goes away then there could be and most likely a problem with the amplifier. Try flipping the crossover switches back and forth but thats a long shot.

Gents, thanks much. I think it might be a grounding wire that is loose, or one of the amps is on its last leg. I know there are two amps on board, I just have to locate the #%^$&%$ things. They aren't in the obvious/easy to get to places, so time to start undoing panels and tracing wires. Az, I will definitely try flipping the channels and see what I come up with.

i know there is a schematic somewhere that shows where ieverything is located that also includes p/n's. i have it on my home system but not on my laptop which i am working on now