Denny

Father's Day Boating

9 posts in this topic

A late Happy Fathers Day to you all, but I had to get these pictures first. We took a little trip on Lake Erie around the islands, we had a great time, hope you did too. Yesterdays experience is now today's memory, and WOW what a memory. N.O.A.A predicted 2 ft or less, winds 5-10 out of the S.East. Well winds were out of the dead East, the full length of the lake, at 20 mph, and waves 3-4 ft, So much for the marine weather forecast. Hope I don't bore you with the pics. Denny

First, fill her up.

0615141013_zpsa9c92c43.jpg

Then get her wet.

0615141402_zpsf736039d.jpg

Mazurik boat access

0615141412_zps714828f7.jpg

0615142003b_zps87278721.jpg

0615141420_zps4efa0c28.jpg

0615141458b_zps76c3ac5a.jpg

Put-n-Bay

0615141552_zps032333b4.jpg

0615141459b_zps4d2800ef.jpg

And finally time to go home. To all that stayed with it, I hope you enjoyed the ride, especially those of you that have taken this same ride. Denny.

0615141807_zps90e7e8cd.jpg

Looks like fun! Thanks for the pics. We spent the afternoon yesterday in the slip playing Yatzee (the Admiral won the tiebreaker). A little too breezy and rough for my liking yesterday. Tonight was a different story... Dead calm and beautiful evening. We rafted up with some friends and hung out while the kids swam.

Hey Matt, glade to hear you got out, even if you are at the dock, it all about being on the water. I looked up your lake on the internet, it looks like you have a nice piece of real estate to play on. Denny.

Pretty boat, she's a keeper. Post some more pics. Can't get enough, looking at boats. Denny.

0615141803b_zps574d3286.jpg

we were able to have a great family day on the water on Saturday but Sunday was a small craft advisory w/ waves 7'.

but that is ok. my grandfather and dad came over and spent time with us. he told stories to my boys about his experience in WWII and Omaha beach which was touching.

Funny how karma is, yesterday (Monday after father's day) I met a really nice man during lunch who was wearing a ball cap that said Omaha beach. I mentioned my grandpa and I invited him to join us for lunch. He told me he helps organize "Honor Flights" in Northwest Indiana and Chicago area. He was excited to hear about my grandpa and that he is very fit for 92. long story short - he is helping us arrange for his honor flight this summer and I am excited and proud to be apart of it.

so bad weather allowed for family to visit and made me recognize a hat on a chance meeting I otherwise would have not noticed.

A true American Hero. Your time spent with grandpa and boys is priceless. These stories need to be told so our younger generation knows what it took to be "free".

There is a saying that says, (There isn't an ill wind that doesn't blow someone some good). It is funny how a chain of events molds our lives. Things happen for a reason, at the time we may not like it or understand why, but down the road we get our answer, and most of the time it is good. Denny

IMGP4817_zps3aa63c85.jpg