Sign in to follow this  
mrvideo

256 SSi with no front Nav lights

I was out for the first time this year at dusk and turned on the Nav lights. The top white light came on in both positions, but the front Navigation lights wouldn't come on. It is the type that can be flipped up or down. I rotated it several times with no success. Any suggestions for trouble shooting ?

check the bulbs. It's easy to take apart. The wire connectors are right below in the anchor locker so check that to make sure its all connected

typically the rotating type has connection issues due to the act of rotating. take the light off - easier to work with - and 1st check if you can find a loose wire. I will bet that is the issue. if so, make sure you have a waterproof boot that you can install prior to putting back. you can also buy a replacement but like most boat items will run you 100 +/-

Bring a meter, than you can check to see if there getting power.

Try the dash toggle switch first. For those light switches, you toggle one side for the white lights only, toggle the other way for both front and rear. I made this error this past weekend, felt silly.

Check the fixture to see if its getting power. I had the trim covers off in the seat compartments while I was running power to my new LED lights. Easy to trace the wires from the helm to the bow. Yes I actually got my old @ss in the helm compartment, I would suggest a preplan to get out though. :wacko: