lpontes23@gmail.com

Looking for a igloo cooler size

I've got a 2004 230SSi. It has a nice built-in for an igloo cooler. Problem - son lost cooler! I need a replacement. I tried the Igloo 36 qt size but it was too big. Can anyone tell me the correct size cooler to fit in the hole? I think it is likely a 25 qt but I'm having trouble finding that locally and would have to order one. Don't want to order anything that I's have to mail back. Would appreciate any help on this.Thanks

I have to admit, the Igloo marine cooler on my Sunesta 264 is pretty much worthless. I do a lot of outdoor stuff and it pales in comparison to a good Coleman and many others. I'm not talking about a 300-400 Yetl....I was amazed how poorly the Igloo performs...ice and drinks maybe last a day and a half...and that's in the shaded environment under the sink...if you want it just for a day...then I guess it's acceptable...but, a handle already broke as did the latch...both of which I replaced but not that cheap.

Anyway, consider another brand until Igloo makes better insulation.

Just my 0.02

Mike

I'd agree on the Igloo; very marginal. I consider it solely a container for the day. A bit better than a paper bag, but woefully lacking in insulation and quality design.

That said, our Yeti cooler straps nicely to the swim platform. :)

Agree that the factory Igloo marine 25 is not the longest lasting. But it keeps our drinks cold for the day, which is what we need it to do. On my 220SSi, I can reach behind the drivers seat and pull a drink out easily. That's what really counts.

brick

$19.97 at walmart

$40 at West Marine

agree that it's marginal at keeping things cold past a day, but you can't beat the fit if you have the built in spot for it.

How does this cooler stay in the compartment? Is there latches or straps needed? I ordered the Walmart cooler and it should be here tomorrow. Thanks

A YETI Roadie fits well in the same spot under the seat on my 256SSI. I has rubber feet on the bottom to keep it from sliding.

You have to remove the Stainless steel handle that pops right out and the two mounting blocks for the igloo.

I replaced my stock Igloo with the marine ultra and so far I have been pretty impressed. It sits in its mounted location and a 16lb bag of ice lasts us both days of the weekend. Just our observation. Got ours from cecil, but west has the same ones.

I thought Yeti was a over priced cooler until my buddy e-Xtreme picked one up for me the othe week. I'm now sold on the Yeti.

Now I'm thinking of replacing my Igloo 25 quart with a Yeti Roadie 20 quart. Does that mean I should be able to use 5 quarts less ice and still be okay for two days of boating?

I'll have to throw my $.02 in for the new(ish) Igloo Marine 25 Ultra. My 2011 had the regular Marine 25, but the new 2013 has the Ultra, and THERE IS A BIG IMPROVEMENT! Like others have said, it fits in the molded container above the batteries (on SSi's) perfectly...just like the old one.

Now, its not a YETI...there is only one YETI. If Yeti is a 10 on the scale, the regular Marine 25 is a 3 and the Ultra is a 6-7. Its says its a 2 day cooler. Maybe! But not in a Chap SSi with the molded compartment that sets in the engine bay right next to the engine! However, on a recent 92° day here in TN, with a 12 pack of beer, 4 10oz waters, and 3 sandwiches, I still had 1/2 of my ice by days end (10-12 hours). There were no beers or sandwiches left and only one water, so the lid was opened regularly all day! Good enough for me! Drain, refill, go again the next day.

thanks for the comparison on the Igloos -- my 270 has the compartment for a 25qt under my cockpit sink, so stuck with Igloo form factor. I checked the Igloo site and was still really unsure whether the Ultra was just marketing to extract a higher price. I'll pick one up!

Is the "cooler spot" the same size across the SSI/SSX line? Specifically, will that Igloo 25 Ultra fit 256 SSI (2009)? Its under port seat

JJLAI was thinking along my lines - does lesser capacity Yeti hold as much beverage because of less ice needed.

But the 25Ultra is sounding simple. Wallyworld Huntersville didn't have one in stock.

Anyone know if I could return a walmart.com item back to the store if didn't fit?

If I had known about the Ultra, I probably would have just bought it and saved some money.

The YETI I purchased at Academy works pretty well but not as well as I have heard from others.

I think that the capacity of the Ultra would be a little more than the YETI.

The ultra fit perfect in the stock location under the port seat on my 2006. I can't imagine it would be much different for a 2009. Not a perfect picture, but you can see it.

SAM_4880_zpscwf7qytb.jpg

That was the same set up that I had. I added some extra cushion under that seat to fill the space between

the cooler top and the bottom of the seat. My seat cushion had a little sag in it.

I've seen the 25qt Ultras for around 26 deer on Amazon.... Prob not much more from Walmart I would think....