turkeyfoot

Deterring spiders

I use bounce dryer sheets for winterization, might work?

I use the dryer sheets all over also. Just don't leave them on the vinyl, I can still see where I did that and it has been 2 years. Lesson learned!!

Spray all lines, hoses, cords with bug killer. Remove boats spray rafters.

I was told bug spray does not work on spiders because they do not clean themselves? people need a special fumigation process if it gets 2 bad of an outbreak.

The problem is solved on land easily. There is a spider poison that last for 2 years on our cottage walls & windows.

Problem is they will not spray OVER water. On land , they did spray the boat.

Your choice.

The problem is solved on land easily. There is a spider poison that last for 2 years on our cottage walls & windows.

Problem is they will not spray OVER water. On land , they did spray the boat.

Your choice.

Truely sounds effective.

I have some high hanging critters that fire from a distance so cleaning is an every visit deal. On the boat Im going to try spider traps that attract with pheremones and use sticky goop.

We've used a product at home called "Suspend".

http://www.amazon.com/Suspend-Insecticide-Roaches-Professional-Control/dp/B002Y57MGE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404566347&sr=8-1&keywords=suspend+sc+insecticide

It's rather expensive, but believe me, you get what you pay for. Every spring, we have quite a few spiders trying to make their way into our home. When they do, I always find them curled up in a ball near the kick plate of the cabinets.

A good friend I fish with often was complaining of all the spider webs on and around his boat sitting in a hoist. It seemed to be an epidemic of them in the area but one day while visiting his neighbor a few slips over, there was now evidence of spiders. After discussion, the neighbor had used Suspend to eradicate them.

Not sure I'd spray the upholstery or clear plastic, but spray around your dock , overhead and crevices on the boat. Comes out a watery light milky appearance and dries clear on our floors.

I'm beginning to see some on my boat at the marina, time for me to brake out the bug sprayer.

Spray all lines, hoses, cords with bug killer. Remove boats spray rafters.

The slip has a roof 30 ft high. So while I have no idea how or why they cling to that roof the messiest areas are usually where there is no cover. So for me the attack comes from the air.

We've used a product at home called "Suspend".

http://www.amazon.com/Suspend-Insecticide-Roaches-Professional-Control/dp/B002Y57MGE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404566347&sr=8-1&keywords=suspend+sc+insecticide

It's rather expensive, but believe me, you get what you pay for. Every spring, we have quite a few spiders trying to make their way into our home. When they do, I always find them curled up in a ball near the kick plate of the cabinets.

A good friend I fish with often was complaining of all the spider webs on and around his boat sitting in a hoist. It seemed to be an epidemic of them in the area but one day while visiting his neighbor a few slips over, there was now evidence of spiders. After discussion, the neighbor had used Suspend to eradicate them.

Not sure I'd spray the upholstery or clear plastic, but spray around your dock , overhead and crevices on the boat. Comes out a watery light milky appearance and dries clear on our floors.

I'm beginning to see some on my boat at the marina, time for me to brake out the bug sprayer.

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. For me its not spiders per se. I see very few of them. Its the droppings they leave behind.

Solution of vinegar and peppermint oil. Smells horrible, but works to keep them away. Downside is you must spray weekly.

Been using Black Flag spider spray with some luck. Not able to treat area over boat, but have sprayed everything else. I also put up pendants all around the slip and that helps some. Nothing gets rid of them all. Lots of wax makes it easier to clean the crap off.

I use Terro Spider Spray. I don't have a garage/covered slip but it works great for the inside of the boat. On a random basis I'll spray. Just before I close the cuddy, I'll spray into the cuddy and then close it. Just before the last rear snaps are snapped, I'll also spray under the cover. Spiders everywhere except my boat.

Caution though: Don't get a whiff of this stuff. It is nasty! One night several years ago and as I was buttoning up the stern area, I caught a whiff of it. It felt like I stopped breathing. I had to look at my chest to verify I was breathing because I couldn't feel it. I started breathing faster to purge my lungs. Eventually all returned to normal. Got a good scare out of it.

If you use this, be cautious.

http://www.amazon.com/TERRO-T2302-Spider-Killer-Spray/dp/B008CH3Y9C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1404755924&sr=8-3&keywords=terro+spray

I use Terro Spider Spray. I don't have a garage/covered slip but it works great for the inside of the boat. On a random basis I'll spray. Just before I close the cuddy, I'll spray into the cuddy and then close it. Just before the last rear snaps are snapped, I'll also spray under the cover. Spiders everywhere except my boat.

Caution though: Don't get a whiff of this stuff. It is nasty! One night several years ago and as I was buttoning up the stern area, I caught a whiff of it. It felt like I stopped breathing. I had to look at my chest to verify I was breathing because I couldn't feel it. I started breathing faster to purge my lungs. Eventually all returned to normal. Got a good scare out of it.

If you use this, be cautious.

http://www.amazon.com/TERRO-T2302-Spider-Killer-Spray/dp/B008CH3Y9C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1404755924&sr=8-3&keywords=terro+spray

Jeez! Last week I moved to another covered slip. Spider poo is minimized with a cover.I laid some bait traps today. They smell heavenly.......to spiders. ).

Turkeyfoot

Bill EVERYBODY around you when you attract & kill off the spiders. :)

My bug man came by to spray the house. His service co has introduced, in this area 2 months ago, a chrysanthemum and peppermint based spider/insect spray that is claimed to last up to 3 months. Marine application. Our community has the 20,000+ acre lake at its center.

Whether this takes hold, with a small increase in slip cost, time will tell. .

If this is as effective a is being claimed I wouldnt be surprised if a few marinas take it on.

If anyone is still having issues with spiders on their docks, I would love to discuss them with you. I have a system that gets rid of spiders very well and leaves everyone completely satisfied, no need to worry about covering your boat when you are going to grab lunch or hang out at your house. See to humans, but kills spiders.

This is currently specific to the Central and North Texas area.

817-729-3191

RossĀ