wake my day

290 sig owners

Can someone let me know if two adults can sleep in the Front V berth of a 290 Sig. I'm 6 foot 1 and my wife is 5 foot 4

Thanks

Well it will be tight. If you were 5'2" I would say yes.

Not sure what year 290 you are referencing. We have a 2009 Chap 290. We do not have the fixed V-berth but the round booth configuration that becomes sleeping quarters when you lower the table, place necessary cushions, and we also had a custom mattress made to lay on top of the cushions. My DH is 6'4" and I am 5'5". We sleep comfortably in that configuration. We also sleep comfortably in the aft cabin. I can't imagine the fixed V-berth design would be that much smaller. We are both side sleepers so not an issue. Good luck!

I have a 2013 290 Sig with the fixed front V berth. I am 6'2 and "big framed" my wife is 5'5 and petite. We both fit but I have to be on the outside to take advantage of the full width of the berth. Besides, I gotta get up to use the head! I have thought it would be nice if something could be designed to flip out or slide out over the dinette to increase the length of the berth by a couple of feet. Then we could both easily fit length wise. Has anyone done that? I picked the Sig 290 in part because of the layout of the cabin. For it's size it can sleep five adults.

Thanks guys and girls, I was looking at around the 2007 range of 290, which is the table conversion bed in the front. We can't wait to sell our 246ssi and join the cruiser club.

I have a 2008 Sig 290. We have the electric round table which lowers to convert to a berth with the filler cushions. I am 6'0" and weigh around 190, and my esteemed spouse is 5'6" or so. She's of medium build, but that's all I can say on that subject. I cannot divulge her super double secret probation number. We also got a custom 4 inch additional mattress and bedding set. We can sleep there pretty comfortably. I would prefer the aft cabin, which as I recall the numbers is actually the size of a standard queen bed. I would think that being lower and closer to the CG of the boat would reduce motion and be more comfortable. However, the esteemed spouse is somewhat claustrophobic and prefers to be forward.

Welcome to cruising -- we love every single minute, moving or stationary. The rest of the world sort of disappears.

We have an 05 270 which is now being sold as the 290 with the fixed berth up front. It would be great to sleep up there with the dedicated AC vent but the wife and I tied it once. Sleeping aft now.