Sign in to follow this  
chernefitter

temp boat slips katherines landing

Just finished reading some threads about mooring slips and needed to tell this one. We just finished up our annual trip to Lake Mohave. & or more months ago I reserved the rooms we wanted plus a boat slip for our 1 week stay. Room rez went with no hassels. Boat slip a little different. I had called the motel (mistake) at least 3 times before we were to arrive trying to pin point which slip we would be using. I asked for one right on the main catwalk for obvious reasons being easy departing and most of all coming back in after a LONG day of boating. Well as it turns out we were given the 2nd slip away from catwalk. The one next to me was perfect and 2 feet wider. So being head strong I decided we would take the better empty slip and politely call the office and let them know. ( wife given this dour task) Went over like a fart in a space suit. No way No how you can't change our protacal. etc. They threatened to call security...so we had to amble Back down to the marina...(110 degrees at 8:00 P.M.) So...next morning at the Landings restaurant having breakfast I decided to go into the store that handles the boat rentals etc and asked them about the slip arrangement. Girl was very polite and asked what slip I had versus which slip I wanted. Well lo and behold she made the switch, telling me the good vacant spot wasn,t being used by anyone else for another week!! The dumbazz in the motel didn't have a clue and probably doesn't care about customer satisfaction. This is our 3rd year in a row doing this. And of course we will be doing it again next year...Hope things go smoother...Boat Drinks !!!

Cmusickman....Sorry I am not sure what the rates are...not real cheap thou..its 21.00 or maybe 27.00 a day. The wife handled the motel and slip rentals. She makes more money than me....hehehe. (Im retired!) John O.

I would get the girls name & the motel guys name.

WE know who to ask for, to handle next years docking slips.

Young ladys name is Kelly...Cute blonde about 5ft8 inches tall...looks deluxe in 501;s!!!! works in Marina store...Dum Dums name is Roger....what a putz!!!!! Motel nimrod.

We usually slip on the jetty. Stay at the Aquarius. When we pull the boat on the last night and trailer overnight at Aquarius you have to park across the street in a lot with a security guard. He is always nice and gives you a bottle of ice water. I can get two rooms there for the price of 1 room at the 2 star accommodations at the marina. Headed out 7/22 can't wait.

http://www.sevencrown.com/lakes/lake_mohave/lake_mohave_resort/slips_storage.htm

Where is the jetty?? Aquaris used to be the Flamingo back in the day..beautifull pinkish windows...We like Laughlin soo much better than Vegas...trying to get a trip together in sept...hope so!!!!

Jetty is the walkway and docks from the ice freezer out to the gas station. If you walk out of the door from the store it is to the right.

Aquarius is nice because you can park in a special area to load and unload in the shade and close. I've stayed at Edgewater, River Palms and Tropicana Express. Aquarius is definitely the nicest in the rooms. Get a high room and it is quieter at night in the halls for some reason

Well we are heading back in Sept. Called today and talked to BOB who runs the marina. He suggested when making room rez that you let DORA know your preference for boat slip number. It took me 4 years to attain this inside info!!!! Safe boating to all...Can't wait to try out my new 12V blender I just got from Amazon....Party Tyme!!!!!!!

If you have kids, we like to go to a cove just south of the 12 mile marker on the east side of the lake. It has a rock that sticks up out of the water about 12 feet and can be climbed easily. They love jumping off of it. Donkeys frequent the beach and it is always calm in there to get away from the wind.

Have you seen "The Coolest" https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ryangrepper/coolest-cooler-21st-century-cooler-thats-actually

Yes someone had that video on facebook..the cooler with the blender and radio and whatever?? Very cool!! I have just about everything we need to be very comfy on our boating excursions...Maybe im strange but I get a huge kick out of having more than our fair share of creature comforts..I figure why not?? The teenagers probably don't get it..but I think they enjoy what me and Mom provide for a great day of water filled enjoyment...I love boating...... :funny-7327: