drewm3i

New owner of a gorgeous teal and gold 2130ss

Here are some pictures of my smart tab install. Yes the angles are slightly off, but I've though of a way to get the tab angles lower without having to redrill! I'm going to get an adapter piece to extend each actuator ever so slightly!

Holes in the boat, no wood here:

0520151906_zpsh7u9h3zt.jpg

Clears the ladder:
0520152018_zpszrvme7qr.jpg

This one is pretty close to how it should be:
0520152234_zps5yece6lc.jpg

Finished product, note the starboard actuator is higher than the left. I had the nylon bolts too tight and it wouldn't go down all the way. Ironically, I took much longer on the one I messed up!

0520152237_zps7jxxvsgj.jpg

On Sunday, I took out my parents and the admiral and we went to a great waterfront restaurant. I had a great citrus spinach salad with grilled dolphin! Check out these views!

0524151536_zpspcuhqwzk.jpg

0524151535_zps8nmhfawo.jpg

0524151536b_zpslyqwm24u.jpg

Also have another shot of our picnic set up we utilize very often! LOL
0503151438_zpsmunznl5q.jpg

Love the picnic setup! That's good living right there, and it looks like the Admiral approves! You're in good shape, my man.

Love the picnic setup! That's good living right there, and it looks like the Admiral approves! You're in good shape, my man.

:beer-7687-1: P.s. why don't you install some smart tabs man? So far (even installed slightly wrong) they have taken away my low speed wander and have helped planing. They do also reduce porpoising and help slice through waves better. You can get them for 100 deer!

I've been planning on doing regular trim tabs, in fact. My hull likes the bow down slightly in the chop to smooth it out, but to get there, I have to trim in the drive, which reduces fuel efficiency. Also, the way the seating is laid out on my boat, most people end up sitting to port. If I have a lot of people on board, I get a noticeable list. There is no way in this world that one can gracefully request to a female passenger that she kindly move to the other side to balance the load! :haha-7383:

...There is no way in this world that one can gracefully request to a female passenger that she kindly move to the other side to balance the load! :haha-7383:

So "Ballast" isn't a good pet name?

Bill, let us know how that works out for you. It should be good for a twenty page thread :popcorn:

Finished product, note the starboard actuator is higher than the left. I had the nylon bolts too tight and it wouldn't go down all the way. Ironically, I took much longer on the one I messed up!

0520152237_zps7jxxvsgj.jpg

If it really bothers you enough that you want to fix it without exposing any screw holes, you have 2 options:

First Option:

1) Raise the left plate (looks about 3/4") so that the bottom of the plate of the actuator still just barely covers the holes you drilled already. Fill the old holes with epoxy even though you wont see them they'll still be covered barely with the bottom edge of that plate. Drill new holes for the new location of the screws and attach.

2) Repeat the exact process to the right side except by lowering the actuator plate and if it's 3/4" total movement per, that'll be a total of 1-1/2" you can straighten them out and they should be perfectly lined up or almost perfect.

2nd option: Get a couple of larger plates to add to the back of the actuator plates to give you room to center everything and be able to cover the old holes. Both are very simple.

I'm actually going to extend the piston by adding a screw on bracket. The left could use 1/4 inch and the right probably 1/2 inch. The lower the plates, the better they will work. They are supposed to be 20-25 degrees.

I fixed the tabs with some screws and bolts that I cut to make work. They look a bit rough, but should do the trick. The tabs may be a bit low, but they will retract under speed. Should eliminate all porpoising, bow rise, and low speed wander though!

0528151915_zpskxulh5sp.jpg

0528151855_zpsn2lcsfcq.jpg

0528151850b_zpsoe3ystpb.jpg

0528151850_zpsmtx6qkts.jpg

Well here is my latest excursion: Friday and Saturday, the admiral, her brother, his friend, and I all made it out to St. Lucie Inlet State Park, which is a state park consisting of beaches and reefs spanning miles and miles. The whole area is undeveloped and is just rugged and all natural. We had a great time and the seas weren't too bad, but it did kick up both afternoons. We got out around 1 on Friday and 12 on Saturday. I would say seas were between 2-3 ft. on average with a relatively short period and plenty of wind chop. We had a blast and the boat always gets us out and back safely even fighting an outgoing tide in the inlet. I think the smart tabs really help because now I can go 15-18 in the rough stuff with the bow high, but not sky high which allows me to stand up and read and react to the waves. It also keeps the bow down enough to lessen the pounding. At anchor these are pretty stable boats and with the bow pointed into the waves it does just fine.

Here is a video I made this weekend (try to watch in 1080p):

Here are some pics I took as well!

0606151208_zpsbni9sybr.jpg

For when it gets a little rougher (keeps all spray and water out of boat and does a great job):

0605151338_zpsy7kmc7yb.jpg

Murky water (LOL just kidding :smackass):

0605151337b_zpsubxokcsw.jpg

0605151337a_zps70ymltcl.jpg

Shoreline:

0605151336_zpscrrwrolr.jpg

0605151336a_zpsvw58rlrk.jpg

0605151337_zpsocp0csgc.jpg

Dug up this post from the grave! Nice boat Drew. You still around? I have the same boat.... Just have a question for you or anyone else that might know. 

Does the bemini top from Overtons fit in that space in the back of the boat where the stock bemini fits? Looking to get one like you got. Thanks!