drewm3i

New owner of a gorgeous teal and gold 2130ss

This was a well built, great performing boat. I think you will be very pleased with it.

brick

I think so too. I LOVE the deep, heavy hull and the curves on this boat are so sexy. This is my favorite era of chaparral boats and to top it off it is basically a brand new boat because it has only 180 hours and has sat for more years(11) than it was used(8). I can't believe the engine works even with the cracked risers, that makes this steal of a deal even sweeter! Can't wait to take his beauty out on the water.

What cracked your risers? Freeze?

You know, I just got the boat that has been sitting for 11 years indoors in a marina rack in Fort Walton Beach, FLorida, so I have no idea? They may have rusted through, or maybe it is freezed damage. The manifolds and block are all good though, so I don't know. I'm just glad I was able to get it running with some help from my mechanic.

Keep living the dream! :boating:

Also, maybe it's me but the above boat icon looks like a Glastron. I think we need a Chap version of it.

Haha yep! Today starts the teardown and replacement of many engine parts! I'm excited, hope to get it done by next weekend!

Nice looking boat. Good luck with getting her running right. Hope you can get out out on the water before summer is over.

Nice looking boat. Good luck with getting her running right. Hope you can get out out on the water before summer is over.

thanks! I hope to hit the water by next weekend!

Wow. That is certainly a clean boat for her age. If you can, I recommend removing the drive and greasing the splines with spline grease, and greasing the U-joints if possible.

Wow. That is certainly a clean boat for her age. If you can, I recommend removing the drive and greasing the splines with spline grease, and greasing the U-joints if possible.

Well, Yamaha thought of that and put grease nipples all over the drive. This allows you to grease different things without removing the drive. I will probably do that for now because I have heard no gimbal rattle when the motor runs, and also all of the bellows look to be in great shape. I will remove the drive in a few months in sure of it to check everything out. As for now, I'll just add some grease and change the lower unit oil.

A really big day today: I removed the manifolds completely and removed the impeller. I also took off the y-pipe elbow. Then I degreased the front of the engine, and sides of the block. Once I was done, I applied 3 coats of rustoleum high temp paint. Finally, I replaced all of the spark plugs wih new ones. Here are many more pictures: http://s810.photobucket.com/user/drewm3i/library/?sort=3&page=1

Well today was a BIG day and I'm hoping that tomorrow I will get to go on a test run before the weekend gets here. I will post more pictures soon, but today I painted the front of the engine, installed a new thermostat and merc tstat housing, put on the neew manifolds and risers, and put on a new circulating water pump. Tomorrow I have to put in the new impeller, change the filters, change the oil, change gear oil, and then put it all back together for the test run! I am stoked to get out on the water and can't wait to post MANY pictures of my first outing with this boat!

I worked my $^& of today lol. I cleaned the top of the engine as best as I could and applied 3 coats of paint. I put screws un my jump seat bases to make hem more solid. I scrubbed most of my floor with soap. I conditioned and cleaned most of my seats and vinyl panels. I am exhausted! Anyways another day or two until I get my car back from the mechanic! I hope to hit the water this weekend! I uploaded more pictures on my bucket.

Wow this boat is lucky she found me lol. I have scrubbed all the carpet, all the seats, dash, paneling, compartments, ski locker, etc. Every inch of carpet and vinyl has been scrubbed with soap and water. It took two straight 5 hour days, but its CLEAN. Now I can just spray it off and vacuum for a while. Anyways, I added more pictures to the bucket! Check em out!

Wow this boat is lucky she found me lol. I have scrubbed all the carpet, all the seats, dash, paneling, compartments, ski locker, etc. Every inch of carpet and vinyl has been scrubbed with soap and water. It took two straight 5 hour days, but its CLEAN. Now I can just spray it off and vacuum for a while. Anyways, I added more pictures to the bucket! Check em out!

I'm impressed at how nice the finish and gel coat is on this boat. I realize she sat indoors for most of her life and she's in mint condition, but I didn't catch anything on you doing any 'boat care' to her. Even though she probably doesn't need it, but were you thinking of doing a waxing or maybe some UV protectant coating of some sort, being that sun in Florida (which we envy quite a bit up here in NE) can be pretty powerful down there?

I'm impressed at how nice the finish and gel coat is on this boat. I realize she sat indoors for most of her life and she's in mint condition, but I didn't catch anything on you doing any 'boat care' to her. Even though she probably doesn't need it, but were you thinking of doing a waxing or maybe some UV protectant coating of some sort, being that sun in Florida (which we envy quite a bit up here in NE) can be pretty powerful down there?

She got a good waxing about a week ago and I'm probably going to do another one soon. I use the colonite boat wax. We just have to apply it about 4 times a year down here to keep em' shiny!

I need to revive the black, hull band a bit on the 276. There's a little bit of dock rash here and there (most from previous owner) and a few little scrapes and 1 good scratch that one of the dock boys caused while trying to pull the boat around the corner of the pier. Did it on his own and it was too late by the time I noticed the foot long white line in the black as she schreeched! Needless the say, the Admiral was not happy. I'm sure there's an easy way to blend some black in there and make it less obvious. But the rest of it looks great and a little waxing/buffing would be nice. Only problem is there's so many products out there.

If your gel coat is a little faded, I would wash it, use 3m compound/finishing material (it's a mix of both in a black bottle with a purple label), wash it afain, and then wax it. Use a buffer for the compound and wax. Just be careful not to buff to hard. I think it's funny how our "admirals" care so much about our boats lol. They care more about little bumps and bruises than we do and I don't know about you, but I care a lot about them too!

I used Buff Magic compound and their polish on my pinkish/purplish red gelcoat. Brought it back to the red that it's supposed to be.

Thanks Drew. If you look closely, we share the same hull.