drewm3i

New owner of a gorgeous teal and gold 2130ss

So, I had and AWFUL day yesterday...my day began around 10 when I went to get the boat from where it is stored (for now). I had it at my buddy's (mechanic) house by 12:30 ready for him to help me fix my broken fuel pump. Well, we had that fixed by 2:30 with the motor ready to go. Well, to my surprise when I fix the fuel pump, my trim stops working! :thththsoapbox2-1: I figured luckily that I had a manual trim switch on my Yamaha pump so that I could still get the drive down, and after 4 hours or so of effort I was GOING on the boat. So, I drove from my buddies house a mile down the road to the boat ramp. I put the boat in the water by around 4 and THEN by 4:30, thunderstorms are building, so the admiral and I headed south to a restaurant and dock to get some food. :slap: The storms were awful...The lightning was so close I was scared lol and it POURED. The boat probably took on 10+ gallons of water. Wonderful for that wood deck, transom, etc. Around 6:30 it began to clear up enough to get home. So, we drove to the ramp and decided to head north a little because we wanted to test the fuel pump in a fast zone. Well, it actually made a huge difference and the engine ran great. It didn't bog, die, or hesitate at all at WOT :clapsmiley: . So around 7:15 we headed back to the boat ramp for another adventure... :blink: The drive was impossible to be lifted up without trim. So, I had to have the drive scrape the ground at a slow speed with the manual release up to have it come up enough to get the boat out. Once the boat was out it was 8:00pm and dark with more storms coming...I had to call my buddy to come help me lift the drive. Finally around 8:30 I was headed home, but by the time I was done flushing out and parking the boat it was 10:30. For now, the boat is about 45 minutes from the ramp which is a PITA. This day was awful, but it came after Friday which was another day I went to the trouble of getting the boat, and bringing it to the ramp only to have weather run my day...ugh :angry2: I have decided that when the boat is completely ready I will dry stack her in a marina because 1) It is a major PITA to waste 3+hours getting the boat ready, hauling her, and putting her up and 2) I am having a really difficult time keeping this boat dry when not is use because of the heat, humidity, and storms here in South Florida. Currently the boat is stored outdoors with a vented cover, but that isn't working too well.

I still have many lingering issues:

1) Temp gauge not working still

2) I think I have a power steering leak due to fluid in the bilge, but it could just still be lingering fluid from when I had the line disconnected and my buddy thought it would be funny to turn the wheel back and forth.

3) The throttle "sticks" and I stall when going into reverse in the water

4) Trim not working

5) Only half of my gauges have a working backlight

Once I fix these it's off to adding my sound system, seadek, fresh water flush, getting my canvas cleaned/fixed, etc.

I know Tom, I know. This is me :thththsoapbox2-1: haha. The more I think about it and read about my problems the more I think I will be able to solve most of them with relative ease. We will see, I'll keep this updated if anything changes. Thanks for the support everyone!

Dry stack = :)

That's really the only way when you can't keep the boat in the garage or in your neighborhood..

Salt water...I wish there were marinas like that around with a cover and a lift. For us it is either wet slip or dry stack and the prices are very similar...

I have a friend in the Tampa area who dry stacks his 20' center console. Pretty cool to just call them up to have them drop it in the water. It's there waiting; walk on, fire up, away we go. Come back, dock it, walk away.

I like my slip, though. Kinda nice to have a 'home'. We camp nearby; we can come off the water for a couple of hours or whatever; place to sit out some rain if need be, etc. And with the lift, we can keep it wiped down and clean. And I've heard plenty of stories of damage to boats with dry stacking: poor fork lift drivers, leaks from above, etc. On the other hand, the tight quarters in our slips can result in slipped boats getting banged up by inexperienced drivers, something I've witnessed at least once this year about three slips down from mine. Newbie in a small Bayliner scraped the outboard of a pontoon while trying to maneuver after an unsuccessful attempt to get into his slip.

After a three week hiatus, I returned to action today and fixed the trim! Unfortunately, it was only one freaking wire that became disattached!!! :slap: Anyways, I tried to nullify my shifting issues and I am installing a battery cut off switch in the next few days. I plan to have the boat have the boat dry stacked in the next week or so! I'm excited to begin my boating season and work out the final kinks, so I can focus on my MANY planned upgrades!

P.s. I posted lots of pictures of my stringers and deck glass work. This was a discussion in another thread about build quality and I am mightily impressed for the most part with the thorough job Chap did at the factory.

Mine has the same color scheme, I wasn't a huge fan of teal, but she's grown on me in just a few short weeks. 1995 2335 SS

post-42661-0-54730700-1413757039_thumb.j

Update: Yesterday I hauled the boat an hour from my in-laws to the marina, and got situated. Today the admiral and took it out for a wonderful joy ride :banana2: . We probably drove around for 3 hours and 20 miles. Shifting wasn't an issue because once the boat was in forward, I never switched out of it :scratchchin: . LOL anyways, the marina is 30 minutes from my house, but it's in an awesome boating area. I have it in Palm City, FL which gives me access to the St. Lucie river. That is where we stayed today, because it is an awesome cruising area. Lots to see, no slow zones, and tons of wide open space. There were a lot of boats out today and a good amount of rough water. The Chap handled like a dream. On a few different occasions we were passing outboard powered fishing boats because they couldn't handle the chop as well as the Chap. All in all, we had an amazing day and I've updated the photobucket. I'll post a few pictures here as well.

A little high speed cruise: http://vid810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/drewm3i/WP_20141019_007_zpsffafdc02.mp4

For Hatem: (p.s. When we were going about 30, a mullet jumped right in front of us and almost landed in the boat! :slap: )

WP_20141019_002_zpsf3ef128a.jpg

The admiral driving:

WP_20141019_005_zps6477a1e7.jpg

Lounge seat: :clapsmiley:

WP_20141019_010_zps3fcd8a84.jpg

I put the stainless prop on finally:

WP_20141019_019_zpse08a1734.jpg

For Tom:

V__EF23_zps2b622154.jpg

V__BE01_zpsd6cd2017.jpg

All done :unsure: :

WP_20141019_021_zps75e718f2.jpg

For Tom:

V__EF23_zps2b622154.jpg

V__BE01_zpsd6cd2017.jpg

Nice shots. Docks with no poop as a bonus! :clapsmiley:

Well, it's not MY dock, LOL. It's a dock at an Illinois state park on the river. I guess they have too many budget issues to be able to afford to powerwash it off.

BTW, your vid is sideways, LOL Had to use my tablet.

Neither did I. Just normal for us, I guess. LOL

You gotta be kidding me!? You don't notice 3 tons of dinosaur feces right next to that plum boat?! Your flip flops don't get all sludgy as you trek the dock to get to that beauty of a Chap?! :)

Update: Yesterday I hauled the boat an hour from my in-laws to the marina, and got situated. Today the admiral and took it out for a wonderful joy ride :banana2: . We probably drove around for 3 hours and 20 miles. Shifting wasn't an issue because once the boat was in forward, I never switched out of it :scratchchin: . LOL anyways, the marina is 30 minutes from my house, but it's in an awesome boating area. I have it in Palm City, FL which gives me access to the St. Lucie river. That is where we stayed today, because it is an awesome cruising area. Lots to see, no slow zones, and tons of wide open space. There were a lot of boats out today and a good amount of rough water. The Chap handled like a dream. On a few different occasions we were passing outboard powered fishing boats because they couldn't handle the chop as well as the Chap. All in all, we had an amazing day and I've updated the photobucket. I'll post a few pictures here as well.

A little high speed cruise: http://vid810.photobucket.com/albums/zz23/drewm3i/WP_20141019_007_zpsffafdc02.mp4

For Hatem: (p.s. When we were going about 30, a mullet jumped right in front of us and almost landed in the boat! :slap: )

WP_20141019_002_zpsf3ef128a.jpg

The admiral driving:

WP_20141019_005_zps6477a1e7.jpg

Lounge seat: :clapsmiley:

WP_20141019_010_zps3fcd8a84.jpg

I put the stainless prop on finally:

WP_20141019_019_zpse08a1734.jpg

For Tom:

V__EF23_zps2b622154.jpg

V__BE01_zpsd6cd2017.jpg

Really nice! Admiral looks like she's all business driving that thing. Mine does the same thing.

That lounge seat is the coolest thing I've seen! Very neat use of folding seats.

Does that style come with an option for a bimini?

I noticed when we were there.............not that they were that evident on the pic. Believe me, I heard "eeew" a thousand times from JoAnn while we were there.

Really nice! Admiral looks like she's all business driving that thing. Mine does the same thing.

That lounge seat is the coolest thing I've seen! Very neat use of folding seats.

Does that style come with an option for a bimini?

I have a full camping canvas with a bimini, but the snaps and zippers are corroded from the salt :slap: . I gotta get it fixed! I also have a bimini from another boat that may or may not work...