Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tuffy

VacuFlush vs Pump-Out Porta-Pottie

5 posts in this topic

I have a 2011 Chaparral 267 SSX. It has a Porta-Pottie of course. It also has two hoses that go into the center of the boat. It also has a pump out outlet on the port side of the boat. How to I tell if I have VacuFlush system or just a Pump-Out Porta-Pottie? Does anyone know where the holding is located exactly?

if it were a vacuflush, there would be a switch to turn on the vacuum pump right in the head compartment. The holding tank for the vacuflush system is under the rear seat on the port side.

Thanks. No VacuFlush then because I don't have a switch in head and lots of storage under back seat on port. Where is holding tank when no VacuFlush.

The holding tank on the porta pottie is the base of the toilet. One of the hoses goes to the port side of your boat for pumping. The other is a vent line.

I have a Sunesta 236 with the jabsco pump out toilet system. There are three basic toilet systems in chaps as far as I know. There is the vacuflush which is a power system utilizing electronic pumps, the jabsco system using manual pumps and the porta potty which is self contained. I think you have the jabsco manual toilet because of the two hoses and lack of a vacuflush power panel. One hose is the water inlet for flushing the toilet. Mine is connected to a thru hull fitting in the bilge with a sea clock valve to provide water for flushing the toilet. The other hose is a waste outlet hose connected to a holding tank on the port side in the engine compartment adjacent to my fresh water holding tank. There is a manual pump on either the right or left of the toilet with a switch or valve that allows either the water in or the waste out. The pump is a T handle that you use to pump the water in then the waste out. Wow who would have thunk so much talk about crap.......but mine intimidated me until the ladies had to go!