capitalst

Dealer freight & Prep fee on a new 330 Signature and negotiating help.....

Don't know where you are but 20 big herds is a lot of freight and prep. Get the specs on the boat and get your own freight cost from GA to your location. Prep if done correctly includes adding batteries, water testing, installing any dealer supplied options and of course launching. I would offer 60% of MSRP.

The boat is now 2 model years old. I would expect a hefty discount, maybe 30% to 40% from MSRP. Maybe the bigger question is why did it not sell yet? Is it underpowered? Something wrong with it? How many hours are on the motors? Ask to see the actual freight cost, and pay no more than that. The dealer should be very motivated to sell a new 2 year old boat.

brick

I agree with Brick n all points especially on power. I have a 31 Sig 2013 with Axius, all options and 45 hours at 68% of MSRP.

It has twin 5.0's which I know it's a little underpowered. I would expect low 40's top end. I would assume getting up to plane would be fine. What's your thoughts.

Dealer pays the freight from factory to his lot. On a boat this size, moving it to water from the dealer lot may be expensive depending upon where the boat is being launched. So you could be seeing two freight items but the amount is way out of line IMO, unless of course your are in Hawaii or overseas somewhere.

I have the 5.0's on my 31 34-36 mph at WOT is what I experience. I boat in Tampa Bay area and barnacles and other marine growth on out drives and hull is a continuing challenge even with monthly diver clean up.

I was negotiating on Meridian 408 berthed in Ga. and was quote 10 thousand deer to transport and set up in Bradenton, Fl.

Capitalist,

I see that you have a Sig 290 right now! How do you like it and what don't you like about it? I was looking at a near new 330, I was sure impressed with the layout in the cockpit area! We have a 240 now and I thought that a 290 would be a good size to move to.

I wonder what the difference is between the 280 with twins and wider beam and the 290?

Steve,

You must have a real dirty bottom and drives.

I have a 310 with 5.0 VP's and see about 45-47 on GPS.

MY old 280 (2003) when it sat in a slip regularly hit between 42-44 on GPS.

We are actually looking to move to the Bradenton area in the next two years, I will look for a hi and dry.

If you have a diver in your marina, I would look into his services

Jeff you may be correct but early part of the month had the boat pulled, bottom scraped and repainted with 2 coats of Trinidad, the out drives were full of growth and were pulled and cleaned of barnacles and other marine growth and the boat handled great back to the marina, even got to 36mph at WOT. When I took it out 10 days ago, max was 32 but had extra weight on board and my diver who comes monthly had not cleaned the bottom yet after 20 days. The waters on the Manatee River 10 miles from the Gulf remains at 85 degrees plus during the summer and marine growth is a problem. Next vessel hopefully soon will be diesel, will still need to have bottom cleaned frequently but won't have to worry about out drives. Truth be known cruising at10-12 knots is peaceful serene and enjoying the beautiful surrounding \s is a pleasure. Don't have to be constantly on look out for "go fast" boats, Sea Doos, kayakers which are all in the channel. :-) but frolicking with manatees and dolphins are a plus and slower speeds.

Sounds like you're paying for someone's vacation. I'd find another dealer

I bought a 2013 330 signature in November of last year. Dealer stored it for me over the winter ( no cost at all)and basically I launched it in may of this year. It had 13 hours on it with a MSRP of $284,000. I paid $191,000 delivered to me 250 miles away. There were no prep or delivery charges. It's a great boat. I have 350 mags and a bow thruster. Good luck