Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chaparral Signature 280

Chaparral Signature 280

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm owner of a Chaparral Sig. 280 from 2001. (Nowaday it's a 290).

I come from Switzerland and boat on lake Biel and the 3 lake lands.

My question is not only for Swiss owners. I wonder how you cover your boat and where you got your Mooring cover for your 280, respectively 290.

Thanks for any reply and have fun with your Chaparral :-)

Maggie

Hi Maggie - welcome to the forum, Switzerland is a beautiful country and one of our favorites! Have terrific memories from Lucerne and Zermatt!

We had a local canvas shop re-do our camper top, see photo below. We do not have a mooring cover, just the camper top.

RedRockBay10513.jpg

Hi,

i am running my boat on the lake of Konstanz. I can recommend to you the oceanpersenning company which is located in Ermatingen but they are also coming to Biel.

regards

Heiko

Yes, Switzerland is a beautiful country. A mooring cover on a boat that big is going to be hard to deploy on the mooring. I have seen cockpit covers used on 25+ boats using the snaps to hold it down. Are you just trying to keep the birds off?

Please let us know how you make out.

I had a mooring cover made from white sail cloth that covered my 35' Sea Ray when she was in the slip. Very lite weight and easy to handle. Kept the sun and dirt off, was easy to clean, and repelled water, while still being able to breath. It hooked over the bow pulpit, and snapped under the rub rail. Two aluminum poles prevented pooling of rain water. I used the adjustable kind to compensate for sag and stretch. Had that ride for 10 seasons and when I sold it the glass work looked perfect. (Got 9 grand less than I paid for it new, in a bad market). It went under the arch, and had Velcro gathers around the mooring cleats.  W